we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
The candidate will be responsible for daily supervisor activities, project management, effective communication, and execution of tasks on 3rd shift. The role requires working with support group members to achieve departmental success. Excellent organization, prioritization, and interpersonal skills are important.
- Oversee the day-to-day preventative and corrective maintenance activities ensuring compliance with approved procedures, directives, processes, and policies. Evaluate systems to prioritize tasks and effectively plan work. Organize and establish work schedules and monthly maintenance plans considering resource availability that align with customer needs and satisfy financial obligations. Control quality, productivity, and process flow to meet MRP requirements while ensuring a high level of customer happiness.
- Provide clear direction to employees and contractors ensuring personnel are appropriately trained, authorized, and aware of their responsibilities. Communicate to peers requirements at supporting process to ensure smooth process flow. Hold employees accountable while maintaining a key working relationship. Lead employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication, and execution with support group members. Assist with departmental budget estimates and costs of repair projects. Champion sustained improvements in safety, quality, equipment reliability, material procurement, and cost reduction through the system’s various elements.
- Drive World-class safety culture is maintained and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly.
- Provide leadership and direction with an emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communication, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and changes. Provide coaching, training, and development to team members.
- Demonstrate clear focus on accountability to daily results, rapid identification of root cause and effective implementation of corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum 5 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience.
- Leadership experience in a maintenance setting required.
- https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement principles (lean manufacturing, ACE/CORE, QCPC, etc.).
- Computer proficiency in CMMS and Microsoft Office.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms