ersity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer (MQE) will be responsible for supporting production issues including responding to manufacturing equipment related failures (https://i.e. understanding the failure and proposing or executing a response to ensure compliance for the part that was on the machine when it failed), ensuring that any Manufacturing Engineering questions are answered and resolved quickly in order to support part manufacturing, and developing plans to improve processes. The MQE is also responsible for quality related issues such as understanding and executing Quality Standard Work.
- As MQE, it is expected that a complete understanding of the part manufacturing from input material to delivery, including understanding customer needs, delivery stream requirements, trends in tolerance data, problem solving, and resolution of quality non-conformances and production related issues are all part of the job function.
- This role will drive manufacturing process improvements across multiple process steps that spans the full value stream of the parts.
- Identify & implement process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall product costs.
- Interaction with product designers, tool designers, quality assurance, systems designers, and other stakeholders is required.
- The discipline and follow-through to fully document problem statements, observations, conclusions, calculations and recommendations.
- Support the project pipeline process to select, prioritize and scope projects to business objectives, integrated with other continuous improvement activities and ACE/CORE initiatives.
- Lead significant projects critical to improve manufacturing process capability & quality performance
- Represent the organization in various forums related to MRL execution.
- Develop standard work, procedures, and integrate industry-standard best practices.
- Communicate lessons learned to product development/engineering to enable implementation of design for variation (DFV) and robust design methods (DFSS).
- Bachelor of Science (non-STEM acceptable if experience dictates) and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in complex manufacturing activities, leading and managing a portfolio of cross functional projects
- Excellent knowledge of MS office computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Able to use Minitab and other statistical software.
- Proficiency in statistics, data analytics, DOE, and multivariate statistics.
- https://U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- ACE/CORE/ 6 Sigma Practitioner/Professional certification
- BS in (Manufacturing Engineering, Program/Project Mgmt, Ops, Engr, Quality preferred
- Strong understanding of other continuous improvement skills: DFSS, Red-X, Lean, etc.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms