United States of America
HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
Position Role Type:
Monday-Friday, 7 am-3:30 pm
Overtime may be mandatory
*Full-benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
*Paid vacation & sick-time
This position provides manufacturing team leadership, coaching, and mentoring to one or more production cells within the department. The individual will distribute and ensure flow of work is consistent with expectations. This individual will support the company's lean process and work to improve processes and flow.
Characteristics of Applicant:
- A successful applicant for this role should have an unquestioned integrity and provide support to all employees within the specified work cell(s). The applicant needs to be able to motivate employees with the specified work cell(s), without having direct authority over the employees.
- The applicant does not need to currently know all of the process and job functions within the specified work cell(s); however, the applicant must be capable of learning each station and become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in regard to the work instructions and standard work for the specified cell(s).
- The individual for this role must have strong discipline to procedures, work instructions, compliance, policies, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), our EH&S and Quality Cardinal Rules, and promote a Speak Up culture.
- The applicant should be able to handle various working conditions and challenges; including, the ability to work with minimal supervision, multi-task, work with a cross-functional team, solve basic problems, escalate to the supervisor appropriately, and speak a public setting (Tier I meeting)
- Capable of using different computer software applications and providing mentoring and coaching to applicable employees for: SAP, Emails, Excel, Autotime, Collin’s Website (LDAP, EmpowerU, etc.), escalating employee Tech Support, and entering Report It Don’t Ignore It (RIDII) concerns.
- Comfortable resolving conflicts or bringing them to a Supervisor so that issues can be resolved quickly.
- Desire to continue to grow their career and look at this role as a building block to their next career choice.
- Willing to act as a Supervisor backup when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Become subject matter experts in assigned work cell(s)
Provide preliminary review of employees for the OJT sign-off
Ability to communicate & document standard work changes
Interview operators on an hourly basis to determine if they are achieving expectations (i.e. Pitchwalk)
- Determine what is driving underperformance
- Provide countermeasure to underperformance
- Escalate underperformance to Supervisor, if needed
Perform stand down training with each operator within assigned work cell(s)
- Performed at Tier I, or individually based on stand down communication
Demonstrate usage of tools and workstation
- Either for training, or when observed to be performing the incorrect way by and employee within the assigned work cell(s)
Support operations by performing the following functions:
- Review kitting to ensure operators within the work cell have complete kits and continue to work
- Identify Flow Inhibitors and material shortages and escalate accordingly
- Perform regular Gemba Walks to observe non-standard production
- Report output on an hourly basis and update Pitchwalk and Tier boards accordingly
- Use problem solving skills to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ensure shiftchange is executed properly between shift leads, as well as with operators at each station.
- Review roster and skills matrix to optimize work stations
- Provide suggestions to the Supervisor on cross-training potential and depth building
- Ensure training and cross-training is completed in a timely manner, based on specific work station
- Identify and encourage turnbacks so the organization can resolve systemic issues
- Support CORE and Continuous Improvement activities
Support quality through the following functions:
- Ensure confirmation tool is being utilized at assigned work cell(s)
- Ensure QN’s are being open and closed in a timely manner
- Facilitate Operator discussions on performance before escalation to the Supervisor
- Participate in QAT Gemba Walks
- Support Audit Preparation
- Monitor MRB cages and support moving material in and out of cages when needed
- Perform PR Transactions
- Communicate Quality Alerts
Support the EH&S and Operations department by:
- Own PPE compliance within assigned work cell(s)
- Start of Shift
- All of Shift
- Perform Self Inspections on a weekly basis
- Identify, recommend and encourage improvements
- Enter RIDII on operator or own behalf
- Understand and provide support for building evacuations
- Execution and Roster check
- Read-across and stand down communications
- Tier I or 1-on-1 with operators
- Escalate PPE shortages or failure to adhere to PPE to Supervisor
Support Facilities and Engineering by:
- Inspecting calibrated equipment to ensure compliance
- Ensure TPM’s are being performed by employees within assigned Work Cell(s)
- Enter work orders for down equipment
- Escalate when not addressed in a timely manner (15 mins)
- Review chemical cabinets for expired or non-complaint material
- 5S public spaces within assigned Work Cell
- Ensure employees are performing and adhering to 5S practices
- Ensure compliance to all applicable shadowboards
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- In the absence of a high school diploma or GED, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms