isassemble, inspect, calibrate, test and evaluate results on aerospace components and systems.
- Work from preliminary documents or other written or verbal instructions and be responsible for fabricating, molding, assembling, repairing, modifying and processing hardware assuring consistent application of quality and reliability procedures.
- Perform composite lay-up, soldering, heater fabrication perform, pouring, curing and sanding of foam fillers, vacuum bag molding, press molding, wet lay-ups, resin transfer molding, wire repair, bonding, resurfacing, assembly, riveting, electrical and continuity checks, balancing, painting, part marking in accordance with established methods and procedures.
- Set-up, operate and perform minor maintenance on equipment and tools such as lathes, wire wrap machine, cloth cutting laser, molding presses, drill presses, routers, sanders, saws, foam and resin mixing machines, soldering irons, hand grinders, hand drills, hand routers and spray guns.
- Compile process and test results; inform Engineering of anomalies.
- Troubleshoot, rework and adjust various electronic and mechanical hardware and equipment.
- Use various computerized data acquisition equipment to monitor devices such as flow orifices, pressure, temperature, flowmeters, load cells, voltmeters, dew point.
- Precision clean hardware and equipment, perform microscopic and non-volatile residue evaluations and perform other associated duties of contamination control.
- Mix solution concentrations for etching and plating applications and evaluate results based on specification criteria.
- Conduct dimensional checks and inspections using equipment such as micrometers, verniers, height gages and pin plugs. Perform dimensional verification and inspection of assemblies using suitable support equipment to include first piece layouts and mold and fixture qualifications.
- Perform dimensional inspection of precision coating applications.
- Plan, hardware and equipment inspections including visual, receiving and in-process inspections.
- Perform non-destructive test (NDT) operations such as dye-penetrant inspections.
- Redline work instructions such as operation sheets, acceptance test sheets and shop orders to correct typographical and procedural errors and substitute equivalent equipment. Participate in the preparation, issuance, revision and maintenance of written operating instructions.
- Review work instructions to identify potential produceability problems.
- Fabricate and perform acceptance tests of rigs and equipment including plumbing and instrumentation.
- Calibrate and adjust equipment and rigs such as pressure gages, dimensional gages, flowmeters, transducers, torque wrenches, scales, meters and thermocouples.
- Plan operational methods and setup in order to calibrate laboratory instrumentation and standards and to inspect hardware.
- Decipher electrical and electromechanical calibration data for correctness before issuing calibration data.
- Perform storage, maintenance and recall of metrology controlled equipment.
- Manufacture patterns, tools, fixtures, molds and mock-ups.
- Perform maintenance and repair of equipment, rigs and facilities.
- Requisition parts from stores for work-in-progress.
- Facilitate transportation of material needs as required.
- Move hardware to next operation within the business unit.
- Document and recommend process improvements in cooperation with fellow employees and supervision. Participate on process improvement teams.
- Instruct fellow employees in the proper performance of duties.
- Plan, estimate and execute tasks in support of budget and schedule requirements.
- Participate in audits.
- Keep equipment and surroundings neat, clean and organized.
- Perform related duties as required within the scope of this job function.
- Must be a https://U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 2-3 years of trades training
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART https://1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms