versity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
- The individual will lead a bargaining unit workforce to meet EHS, customer, quality, delivery, and financial goals within the Facilities & Services Powerhouse organization.
- This individual will lead by: setting operational direction, training plans production scheduling, project implementation, continuous improvement, and communication with leadership and direct employees.
- Key metrics the candidate will be responsible for are: environmental compliance, EH&S performance, production support, equipment reliability, and workforce development.
- The individual must embrace the CORE Operating System and thrive in a team environment with high performance expectations.
- Individual must possess strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to respond with a strong sense of urgency driving closure to Facility & Services Powerhouse maintenance requests.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of 10-15 years prior relevant experience or a Masters in related field and minimum of 5 years’ experience in facility maintenance and a strong knowledge of various mechanical, chemical, and electrical building systems
- https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
- Strong knowledge of Power Plant systems and equipment particularly cogeneration, boilers, cooling towers, steam turbines, and large industrial compressed air equipment
- Ability to read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings and to perform internet searches and research.
- Experience with CMMS systems including creating of maintenance plans, performance reporting, and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Facility Management or equivalent experience in a technical field.
- Experience with SCADA, PLC, SAP, Excel, Microsoft Office, MS Project software.
- Strong power plant CHP maintenance and operations experience
- Operational knowledge of gas and steam turbines, stationary boilers, industrial compressors
- Knowledge of EPA Title V emissions compliance strongly desired.
- Strong command of Power Plant financials and the influence of utility market conditions on the operation of a Powerhouse.
- CT OE-2 or other state license for boiler operation or ability to gain one in 60 days of employment.
- Strong process, electrical distribution, and instrumentation knowledge is desired.
- Experience with maintaining and modifying PLC, SCADA, and DCS system software and components are strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles (https://e.g. lean manufacturing, QCPC, RCCA, Tap Root).
- Supervising bargaining unit employees and union exposure is a plus.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams.
Typically requires: A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years experience
Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms