United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Position Role Type:
Rockwell Collins Inc. d/b/a Collins Aerospace has an opening for a Principal Engineer, Software Engineering in Cedar Rapids, IA. This is a hybrid position that allows working remotely from home 1 or 2 days per week. Must work in the Cedar Rapids, IA facility at least 3 days per week.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
- Develops, coordinates, and conducts complex tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Liaises closely with other project team members in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercials software to ensure smooth operations on software engineering activities.
- Recommends changes in the selection and application of software production components to improve and develop software engineering activities.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and function.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and at least 8 years of progressive experience in a Software Engineering position. In the alternative, at least a master’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and at least 6 years of experience in a Software Engineering position would be acceptable.
- At least 5 years of experience with DO-178 B/C certification
- At least 4 years of experience with writing python scripts, debugging on test stands and their configurations
- At least 4 years of experience with programming in C/C++ in developing avionics software (display software) and systems
- Demonstrable experience in software verification and structural coverage analysis
- Demonstrable experience with Model Based Development (MBD)
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms