oduct and process quality with an emphasis on Product Compliance, Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Baseline factory metrics (Scrap, Rework, FPY, etc.), identify top drivers, forecast future demand for top drivers and identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Engage MFG DPT teams to ensure alignment on top priorities (using baseline data and future forecast) to drive containment, Root Cause Analysis and associated Corrective Action Implementation.
- Perform process walks, operator observations, and lead MFG team discussions to drive process enhancements to reduce variation.
- Help drive standardize data entry to improve data analysis cycle time.
- Lead/Drive Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) initiatives (PFMEA, control Plans, SPC, etc.) using baseline metrics and future demand.
- Identify supplier escapes/issues and ensure proper containment and backflow to the Supplier Quality Management team.
- Calculate Return on Investment (ROI) and get alignment from Program and MFG teams for identified CI project opportunities.
- Perform verification and validation of improvements to understand effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to be leverage across similar process/assemblies as well as other programs.
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) or other technical field of study
- Minimum of eight (8) years related Quality Engineering experience
- Manufacturing process experience (assembly, inspection, test)
- Previous experience managing cross functional process improvement teams with technical expertise.
- Experience with industry technical standards
- Experience in identifying root cause and initiating/implementing effective short-term and long-term corrective actions
- Experience in development/usage of Quality metrics that may be used to drive true root cause and long-term corrective action, and in the identification/institution of perceptive verifications.
- Experience interpreting drawings, work instructions, Bill of Materials (BOMs), consumable materials control, process disciplines and tool control
- Ability to obtain and maintain a https://U.S. government issued security clearance is required. https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key process characteristics and ability to implement effective process control techniques.
- Strong familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 quality management systems
- Six Sigma, ASQ Certifications
- Proficient in the use of pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
- Experienced in Product/Process Failure Modes & Affects Analysis, Regression Analysis
- Knowledge of Measurement System Analysis and Design of Experiments
- Able to facilitate cross-functional teams in systematic improvement activities (https://e.g. 6-sigma, lean manufacturing)
- Existing US DoD Secret (or higher) clearance
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
What We Offer**:**
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms