ersity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
- With specific parts ownership, this role will drive manufacturing process improvements across multiple process steps that spans the full value stream of the parts.
- Identify & implement process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall product costs.
- As a key member of the Integrated Product Team (IPT), significant interaction with product designers, tool designers, quality assurance, systems designers, and other stakeholders is required
- Use statistical analysis tools to perform Root cause analysis and corrective actions on non-conforming product.
- Drive targeted manufacturing process optimization activities through MRL tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Process Flow Diagram, PFMEA, Control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis, Yield & Cost curves and Qualification plan.
- The discipline and follow-through to fully document problem statements, observations, conclusions, calculations and recommendations.
- Work with senior management: Support the project pipeline process to select, prioritize and scope projects to business objectives, integrated with other continuous improvement activities and ACE/CORE initiatives.
- Lead significant projects critical to improve manufacturing process capability & quality performance, and execute process tryout, Delta FAI, Delta PPAP, EFPR .
- 8+ years of manufacturing engineering experience with a bachelors degree in engineering or a related field or 6+ years of manufacturing engineering experience with a Master’s degree in engineering or a related field
- Experience in general machining including turning, milling, and grinding
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to multi-task and adapt to changing business needs and priorities
- https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract
- Familiarization with Computer Numerical Control (CNC) controls, machining techniques, cutting tool capabilities, and machine fixture.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarization in statistics, data analytics, DOE, and multivariate statistics. process monitoring, data collection and adaptive methods
- ACE/CORE/ 6 Sigma Practitioner/Professional certification preferred
- Understanding of other continuous improvement skills: DFSS, Red-X, Lean, etc.
- Able to use Minitab and other statistical software.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms