United States of America
TX190: 2501 West University, McKinney 2501 West University , McKinney, TX, 75070 USA
Position Role Type:
PLEASE NOTE: This position and any offer associated with the position is contingent on contract award. Should the contract not be awarded any offer extended will be rescinded.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is seeking a talented Principal Secure Systems Engineer (SSE) to join the Embedded Secure Systems Engineering (ESSE) Department. This position is in a technical growth area and we need individuals who can apply their technical knowledge and experience to system security engineering and program protection concerns within the key areas of cybersecurity, anti-tamper, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis.
The SSE will participate in the development of embedded security solutions and will be responsible for leading and executing the security efforts for secure system products. Activities will consist of security subsystem specifications, security subsystem architecture, interface descriptions, RMF assessment and authorization, and vulnerability assessments.
The SSE must be able to work independently and as a member of a team in coordination with engineers in development, integration, test and modeling. The SSE will exhibit a high degree of creativity and ingenuity and will be responsible for developing advanced systems /security integrity and information assurance leveraging RMF and/or Anti-Tamper guidelines and concepts. The SSE must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and will be required to brief senior company and customer leadership teams.
US Citizenship is required as this role requires an ACTIVE US DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain Special Access clearance on Day 1 of employment
• Typically requires 8+ years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Embedded
Systems/Software/Electrical Engineering, architecture, requirements determination, development, and implementation
• Hands-on experience designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time Embedded security oriented solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs
• Demonstrated working knowledge of secure systems technologies, methodologies, policies, and guidelines
• Experience with design/development/implementation in at least one of the following areas: Anti-Tamper (HW, SW, Systems), Cybersecurity, Software, DevSecOPs
• Ability to interact with customers to define requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
• Develop top-level system requirements, and flow down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
• Familiar with Supply Chain Risk Analysis
• Familiar with Project Management
• Experience with direct interfaces with respect to customer representatives and external suppliers
• Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf security technologies and trusted products
• Active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain Special Access clearance required on Day 1 of employment
• Familiarity with System Integrity
• Familiarity with cryptography and cryptographic applications
• Familiar with Anti-Tamper, and other security-related engineering products/systems
• Familiar with Earned Value Management
• Experience with multi-level security solutions
• Background in both Systems Engineering and Software Engineering practices
• Knowledge of security standards, methods, and policies; risk and threat analysis; technical security
safeguards; and operational security measures
• Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Relocation Eligible - Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...