nufactures compound semiconductor devices, microwave/millimeter-wave integrated circuits, and modules for defense applications. As a Principal MMIC Modeling Engineer working with our advanced GaN and GaAs technologies, you will be responsible for the generation of active and passive compact circuit simulation models to support the development of products fabricated in our III-V semiconductor foundry. These models will be used by our MMIC design teams across Raytheon to create Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs) for use in advanced defense electronic systems. We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Research and Development of advanced models for MMIC design using GaAs and GaN technologies, to accurately predict the static and dynamic behavior of currents and charges from DC to mm-Wave frequencies, including technology-inherent phenomena (https://e.g. traps, noise, statistics, linearity), as well as the electro-thermal environment.
- Develop design methodologies for high-performing PA, LNA, linear amplifiers, RF front-ends, and T/R chips (including RF switches and digital circuits), to optimize the performance and ensure circuit stability at the same time.
- Design and layout of device modeling test structures (https://e.g. PA demonstrators) to assess model accuracy and demonstrate new design methodologies.
- Guide the MMIC design teams in performing accurate and efficient simulations of MMICs and modules and establish best-practices for MMIC design.
- Advance Foundry Services in collaboration with process, CAD, and EDA engineers and develop, test, document, and release MMIC PDKs in Keysight ADS.
- Support advanced characterization hardware and develop new test benches along with test-software.
- Develop and execute device characterization test plans including static & pulsed I-V, C-V, CW & pulsed bias S-Parameter, load/source-pull, TOI, and noise measurements
- Analyze parametric test data to develop statistical models and support design for manufacturing compact models.
- Assisting device and process engineers with analysis of test data and semiconductor simulation (https://e.g. TCAD).
This position is a hybrid role, and the selected applicant will work with the hiring manager to set schedule.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 8 years of prior relevant work experience OR an advanced STEM degree and 5 years of prior relevant work experience.
Experience with RF/microwave engineering and/or semiconductor device physics
Experience with RF device/circuit simulation and tools
Experience with semiconductor device characterization such as static & pulsed I-V, C-V, CW & pulsed bias S-Parameter, load/source-pull, TOI, and/or noise measurements
The ability to obtain and maintain a https://U.S. government issued security clearance is required. https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on RF/microwave engineering.
- Background in III-V compound semiconductors as well as a thorough knowledge of the entire model development process including test structure design, parameter extraction, model validation, and preparation of model documentation/review packages
- Experience with semiconductor device physics concepts with emphasis on compound semiconductor HEMTs
- Lumped element equivalent-circuit models for high-frequency transistor devices
- Non-linear compact model parameter extraction and validation techniques
- Verilog-A behavioral modeling language and its use for compact model development including direct experience developing advanced device model formulations and model extraction algorithms
- Hands-on experience with high-frequency (microwave/millimeterwave) and large-signal/high power test equipment such as Keysight or Anteverta NVNAs
- Experience with statistical analyses and tools (MATLAB, JMP, or Excel)
- Experience with Java and scripting languages (https://e.g Python)
- Experience with multi-physics simulations especially for electromagnetic and electro-thermal analysis
- Knowledge of power amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, high power switches/limiters, and related circuits
- Understanding of III-V integrated circuit manufacturing processes and concepts
- Experience with field effect transistor models such as MVSG, ASM-HEMT, Angelov, EEHEMT, PSP, BSIM4, etc.
- Experience using Keysight Advanced Design Systems and Cadence Virtuoso integrated circuit design platforms (schematic capture, layout, verification, data visualization, and simulation engines)
- Experience with setup/development/useof Keysight IC-CAP or other commercial and/or custom measurement and parameter extraction software
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in Andover, MA, around 25 miles outside Boston. Boston is one of the oldest cities in the https://U.S., known for its rich history, renowned universities, and diverse neighborhoods. Ranked by https://U.S. News and World Report as one of the Top Places to Live, Boston is brimming with world-class museums, signature waterways, thriving nightlife, and championship sports teams. Surrounded by natural beauty, Boston boasts four spectacular seasons and a vast array of outdoor activities from whale watching to walking trails surrounded by New England’s remarkable fall foliage.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms