Raytheon Technologies is on FGB’s Best Companies for Women of 2019.
FGB'ers gave this company a 4.1/5 in overall job satisfaction
Programs are also available for dependent and adult care, family leave, college planning, counseling and personal convenience services.
We provide programs that offer solutions to life’s challenges, including a variety of flexible work arrangements and paid time off.
Employees may participate in tax-advantaged accounts to pay for eligible health and dependent care expenses with pretax dollars.
If you are excited by the challenges of building distributed software and systems that can use sophisticated AI algorithms and autonomous drones to help find lost travelers, apply here at BBN/ Raytheon in Cambridge, MA.
We develop and demonstrate algorithms and ideas that make distributed systems resilient, covering areas such as:
• Hybrid Cloud Infrastructures
• Virtualization technologies
• Software engineering and development and manipulation of network and application stacks
• Cyber Security technologies
• Artificial Intelligence and data-driven analysis, reasoning and quantification
What you will do
• Think, design, implement, test, and integrate; capture and present results; publish papers
• Deliver smart solutions to hard problems in the form of working systems to be run and evaluated by external users
• Work collaboratively with other researchers within BBN, university peers and peer organizations
• Execute tasks on time and deliver high quality work product, respond to customer and evaluator feedback
• Learn about Computer Science issues and challenges of national importance, and help address them
What you need
• Strong software development skills, particularly in Java
• Experience with distributed systems, cybersecurity, middleware
• Creative problem solving and experimental design
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Work in a self-directed manner as part of a team
• BS (in Computer Science or related field) with 8+ years, or MS (in Computer Science) with 5+ years, or PhD (in Computer Science) 3+ years
• Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
• U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
What you will gain
• Experience working on cutting-edge research, prototype, development and transition
• Work with world class researchers and engineers that embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
• Opportunities to lead R&D projects early in your career and establish a reputation in your field
• Improve your technical, writing and presentation skills, expand your network by establish relationship with customers and peers
• Get rewarded for your passion and entrepreneurial drive by peer recognition, credibility, and monetary incentive structures
BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN's scientists and engineers are working to advance the state-of-the-art on topics ranging from machine language translation to quantum cryptography. BBN offers the opportunity to perform exciting and revolutionary research that solves important problems in an exciting, collaborative environment. We are looking for a creative, talented software developer to join our Intelligence Software and Systems group. Work in our group focuses on designing, developing, and deploying new advances in cyber security, artificial intelligence, virtual technologies and distributed computing to solve challenges problems across a variety of application domains.
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward
Requires advanced to expert knowledge of work area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
May have broad knowledge of project management. Requires substantial knowledge of RTX projects, programs or
systems in order to provide enhancements within job area. Typically requires: A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 8 years
prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience
Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a
minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...