United States of America
MD440: 8170 Maple Lawn Blvd Fulton MD 8170 Maple Lawn Boulevard , Fulton, MD, 20759 USA
Position Role Type:
Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) delivers solutions that protect every side of cyber for Government agencies, businesses and nations. Protecting the most critical information, systems and operations with breakthrough solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon Solipsys, located in Fulton, MD, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Raytheon Missile and Defense (RMD) and Raytheon Technologies (RTX). We are currently seeking to hire a Software Engineer to join our diverse team who is talented, highly motivated, has a passion for finding innovative solutions to problems, and committed to quality.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
This position offers flexibility to a nationwide remote work location.
Responsibilities to Anticipate
Design, architect and code critical capabilities in an active Agile environment with the Product Development Team
Using JAVA, develop innovative new features for a new real-time situational awareness Command & Control Systems (C2)
Work in a highly collaborate team environment to design, architect and innovate software solutions
Qualifications You Must Have
•Typically requires a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 8 years of relevant experience or an advanced degree in a related field and 5 of years of relevant experience.
•Experience in software development using JAVA.
•The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value
• Relevant work experience in software development using Object Oriented Design methodologies such as Model View Controller
• Experience in software development using C++
• Experience and/or knowledge in programming multithreaded systems
• Experience with unit-test, continuous integration and test-driven development
• Experience in optimizing highly scalable systems
• Experience with Container Orchestration implementation such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
• Ability to engage & build positive relationships with both customers as well as internal & external employees
• Ability to react to change, handle tasks productively, & achieve results in a matrix environment
• Ability to work with customers to provide training, demonstrations, and technical guidance
• Strong oral & written communication skills & proven leadership skills
Opportunities for travel to customer sites for demos, integration and support
Strong computer science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, information retrieval
• Relevant work experience using SW Development tools (e.g. Maven, Apache Ant, Jenkins, etc)
Relevant work experience with full life cycle development including exposure to software requirements, design, development, debug and test
• The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
What We Offer**:**
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...