lutions to prevent security threats, secure the integrity of our systems and support IT infrastructures around the world.
Principal System Administrators, internally known as Principal Analyst, infrastructure Workplace Services, collaborate with a diverse team to support exciting, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT infrastructure problems.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Provide IT systems administration in a heterogeneous Microsoft Windows and Redhat Enterprise Linux environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of Windows Server internals or Linux fundamentals to include DNS, DHCP, AD, and server replication methods.
- Working as a team member in a fast-paced technological environment. Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a moderate to high scope and complexity to include the integration of hardware and operating systems (OS).
- Understanding of data RAID, data backup uses and technologies. Install and configure software applications requested by end users.
- Work with Cybersecurity professionals to maintain security requirements and provide documentation and training on advanced IT processes and procedures and other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification) within 6 months of start date.
- Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours.
- Travel required to other US Domestic locations as business needs dictate up to 5% travel.
Basic Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience or a master’s degree and minimum of 3 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have current and maintain a https://U.S. government issued secret security clearance is required. https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 5+ years of experience with some but not limited to, the following technologies: Active Directory, WSUS, VMware, Veeam, AWS, MySQL, Remote Desktop Gateway, and Netwrix, prior systems administration and networking administration experience, Windows or Linux administration, Windows administration, or Mac OS experience, backup, and recovery suites.
- Experience with Server architectures and troubleshooting methods.
- Must be able to develop solutions and documentation to a variety of technical problems.
Qualifications We Value:
- VMware highly desired
- An active DoD TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance or prior SCI/program eligibility
- Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification and an Operating System Certification
- Experience with NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, DFARS and/or DoD/RMF
- In-depth working experience in Windows Server
- Experience with data storage, NAS, and SAN technologies and solutions
- Experience with using Information Technology project lifecycle management processes.
- Experience using VMWare vCenter, vSphere, and ESX and/or other virtual computing methods.
- Experience supporting engineers in software, simulations, and hardware development.
- Experience with Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, and/or Exchange
- High Performance Computing (HPC) experience in a Linux environment
- Scripting Experience
We offer relocation!
What We Offer**:**
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a extensive total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the outstanding benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and children/adult backup care.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms