United States of America
CA749: Goleta 44 Castilian Bldg B08 44 Castilian Drive Building B08, Goleta, CA, 93117 USA
Position Role Type:
Candidate position is for a technician in the B08 Facility in Goleta, California, involved in the packaging of IR detectors for high reliability space, military, and commercial applications.
The successful candidate will train to become an operator in a variety of processes as assigned by management.
Technicians will train under a senior technician, lead tech, or process engineer depending on the skill set requirements and sensitivity of the operation involved.
The successful candidate will work well with others and be able to effectively communicate in English with other operators, management/supervision, process engineers, and other support staff.
Rigorous attention to detail and the ability to read and follow work instructions in English is required.
A self-motivated, self-disciplined individual is the ideal candidate for this position. Ability to work with individuals and teams outside the department will be required. Tasks may include working with chemicals (epoxies, adhesives, solvents, etc.) and following rigorous disciplined methodologies and instructions.
Technicians will be expected to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and strictly follow all safety related processes, procedures, and protocols.
Most work will be performed during evening shift hours, but occasional overtime and weekend support may be required to meet customer/program needs. The exact hours worked will be negotiated with the employee and management to obtain an acceptable work-life balance.
This is a full-time position primarily training on 1st shift(day), then transferring to 2nd shift (evening). 2nd Shift pay differential will be applied
Relocation assistance not available
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years post high school work experience in a position requiring customer support, attention to detail and compliance with verbal and written direction from management.
• Operators are required to communicate in English and must be able to understand written and verbal instructions in English
• Operators are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment, (PPE), (safety glasses, coveralls, latex or equivalent gloves, etc), and be able to work extended periods of time in an environmentally controlled area
• Other PPE may assigned for special processes such as placing parts into or taking them out of a curing oven or working with cryogenic liquids
• Safety training is provided by the company for all hazardous operations
• PPE is provided by Raytheon and must be worn or used in accordance with company policies and practices
• Operators must be able to use a microscope and small hand-held instruments (tweezers, screw drivers, etc.) often using both hands at the same time
• Tasks may require the ability to push a cart, extend arms above shoulder height, and be able to visually inspect small parts
• The ability to use a computer to access work instructions, perform data entry, and complete on-line training is required
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a Confidential U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start-date
• Familiarity with soldering of small parts
• Previous experience working in a cleanroom and around ESD sensitive parts
• Understanding of FOD and FOD reduction methods and concerns
The salary range for this role is 35,000 USD - 79,000 USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.
Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
• High School diploma or GED is required for this position
• Must communicate in English and be able to understand written and verbal instruction in English
ERIP Award Eligible:
• Only employees currently with RMD and RIS have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RIS roles. All eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...