United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd https://P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Position Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
- Setup and operate one machine tool or process equipment type and operate more than one unrelated machine tool or process equipment types within an assigned area to produce precision turbine engine parts.
- Perform work where methods, procedures and processes are well developed and the required tooling, gaging and fixturing are provided.
- Refer difficulties to leader or supervisor.
- Perform routine servicing throughout assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions, such as operators’ checklist, for upkeep and to assure equipment operates properly.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned area.
- Under the direction of leader/supervisor, work from verbal and written instructions, operation sheets, drawings and other pertinent information.
- Following established methods and procedures, use manual or numerically controlled machine tools such as milling, boring, grinding, turning, broaching and shaping machines to achieve the required dimensional specifications.
- Recognize indications of dull or damaged cutting tools and replace as needed.
- Perform bench, assembly and surface finishing operations such as deburring, blending, trimming and fitting, using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Follow prescribed methods and procedures to perform drilling, riveting and bonding operations to assemble various details in producing a finished part.
- Operate part-marking equipment.
- Use a variety of media, dry or liquid, to perform cleaning or part preparation and finishing operations.
- Operate tumbling, grit, blast, shot peen, buffing and polishing equipment, wash machines and dip tanks for part surface conditioning.
- Apply masking as required.
- Perform applications of anti-gall and polymite coatings utilizing dry bake ovens to cure.
- Utilize a variety of fixed or variable measuring instruments to check dimensions and part features.
- Operate OpCert and other computer–based systems to retrieve and store information and records.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a https://U.S. Citizen. This position may require access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship.
- 6 + months of CNC experience
- 5 + years of experience in CNC Machining
- Aerospace CNC experience
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms