United States of America
TX360: Dallas - North Bldg 13510 North Central Expressway North Building, Dallas, TX, 75243 USA
Position Role Type:
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is growing! We have an immediate career growth opportunity for a Radar Systems Engineer within our Surveillance and Network Systems (SNS) Mission Area - Surveillance RADAR Department (SRD), Advanced RF Systems Section.
Explore RIS: Raytheon Intelligence & Space
The Radar Systems Engineer will join our Radar Sensor Systems (RSS) product line team to provide radar algorithm / signal processing mode development to support distributed aperture radar programs. Mode development includes working on multi-function radar capabilities such as Airborne Moving Target Indicator (AMTI), Ground Moving Target Indicator (GMTI), maritime surveillance, sense and avoid, weather detection, terrain detection/avoidance, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), and communications.
You will provide technical direction leading radar algorithm mode design, including software specification definition for implementation of mode functionality; lead design and development of radar and communication waveforms as well as conduct and support signal processing and waveform analyses; architect and develop mathematical algorithms for advanced radar signal processing requirements; make performance predictions and analyze data received from the radar to evaluate algorithm performance; make technical presentations and participate in technical product reviews; regularly interface with other engineering teams and program management; ensure consistent application of engineering best practices - using 6 Sigma proactively to foster a culture of continuous process improvement.
Clearance Requirement: Must have an active Secret Security Clearance, US Citizenship required
• Minimum 12 years of experience in radar systems engineering and algorithm development to include radar systems, software engineering, radar signal processing techniques, mathematical / radar mode algorithm development, analytic techniques, and digital simulation models (DSM)
• Radar skills to include advanced detection algorithms, angle of arrival estimation, and high range resolution (HRR) techniques
• MATLAB and C++ (coding experience is required to implement newly developed algorithms into the program system simulation)
• Experience working with both customer and internal resources
• Written/verbal communication skills including working with Microsoft Office Suite of Tools
• Ability to technically mentor and grow other engineering staff
• Experience with and knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles and demonstrable application of relevant methodologies and toolsets
• Mathcad, Python, or related languages and tools
• Experience with TF Navigation concepts and algorithms
• Radar mode development skills including maritime surveillance, MTI, air-to-air, sense and avoid, weather detection, and terrain detection / terrain avoidance
• Digital communications
• Strapdown inertial navigation and transfer alignment
• Target discriminators and feature extraction / exploitation
• Machine-learning experience
Education & Experience Requirements:
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or equivalent experience with 12+ years of relevant experience OR Master’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or equivalent experience with 10+ years of relevant experience
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...