United States of America
TX360: Dallas - North Bldg 13510 North Central Expressway North Building, Dallas, TX, 75243 USA
Position Role Type:
Are you a Software Engineer that is looking to be part of a challenging environment with work-life balance?
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer II for our Software Department within the Surveillance & Network Systems (SNS) mission segment of Raytheon Intelligence and Space.
Explore RIS: What we do | Raytheon Intelligence & Space (raytheonintelligenceandspace.com)
You’re a great match with:
- Have strong real-time embedded software development
- Developed software for network security appliances, including device management software, communication protocols, device drivers, and control plane security features
- Work closely with a team of software engineers to ensure implementation meets the product requirements.
- Socialize designs with team and integrates suggestions and changes as appropriate. Unit test software components to ensure module-level functionality and data structure consistency.
- Create required project documentation in support of contract deliverables, including development plans, requirement and design specifications, and test documents.
- Independently manage time and prioritizes tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints.
- Resolve issues found during engineering test in a timely manner, taking risk into account. Consistent use of group tools for tracking of defects and management of code. Implement code in a timely fashion.
What’s in it for you:
- Raytheon ranked #21 on LinkedIn’s Top Companies for 2022, Raytheon ranked #58 on Fortune 500 list for 2022
- Flexible work schedules, additional one week paid-time off during company shut down in December, awesome Health & Welfare benefits
- Home Office location: North Dallas, TX [relocation eligible]
- At least 5 progressive years of software development experience using OO languages like C++ (or C), preferably in Linux environment
- Understanding of network security protocols and algorithms (e.g. TLS, SSL, encryption, OpenSSL, X.509 Certificates, etc.)
- Must have C or C++ programming experience
- Excellent organizational, decision making and communication skills
- Some prior experience in RTOS
- Strong understanding of the technologies, methodologies, processes, and tools used in the software industry and have demonstrated track record of deploying them on programs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Current / active DoD Secret Clearance; US Citizenship is mandatory to acquire and maintain a Clearance
- A Bachelors Degree from accredited University
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Relocation Eligible - Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements
- Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science,Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms