ieve diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
- Functioning as design lead for composite components and working on an Integrated Product Team and participating in projects aimed at crafting and implementing designs that meet advanced engine-specific requirements.
- Material selection, determination of laminate architecture, creation of solid models, and design of sub-element components for structural testing; assist in manufacturing process development at suppliers, and ensure the manufacturability of component designs.
- Providing analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service and validate methods against subscale and full-scale static, dynamic and impact tests.
- Support of the Next Generation Product Family and/or Military Engines, advanced engine designs and installed base of engines and apply CORE (Customer Oriented Results & Excellence) tools within the Composites Organization
- Developing computer and simulation-based methods and processes that support engineering productivity and throughput and also documenting and presenting results to management and external customers.
- Coordinating with others to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods as well as mentoring less experienced design engineers
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering 5+ years relevant experience; OR.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering or in a related field 3+ years of engineering experience.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a https://U.S. government issued security clearance is required.
- https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering.
- CAD Software experience (NX, FiberSIM, TeamCenter preferred)
- Active US Security Clearance for military programs.
- Mechanical design experience (bolted joints, hand calculations, etc)
- Demonstrated proficiency of composite design and analysis technology.
- Mechanical property and Non-destructive testing methods for composites.
- Hands-on composites manufacturing experience using hand layup/autoclave, compression molding, or RTM techniques.
- Knowledge of advanced textile design and manufacturing.
- Travel: ~10% Travel is anticipated
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms