ce requirements:** This position requires an active and transferable TS/SCI Full Scope Polly (FSP) https://U.S. government issued security clearance prior to start date.
In the Senior Java Software Engineering role, you will design, develop, and test Java code in a Linux, Agile, DevOps environment. We are at the forefront of aerospace and defense technology. Our Satellite Ground Systems Team plays a pivotal role in ensuring communication, surveillance, and defense capabilities through cutting-edge satellite systems. We invite you to be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of what's possible.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
The Java Software Engineer will design, develop, and maintain advanced software applications for our Satellite Ground Systems. This role involves close collaboration with systems engineers, hardware designers, and other software engineers to deliver reliable and high-performance software solutions. Other responsibilities to anticipate may include:
- Design, implement, and test Java-based applications and software components for satellite ground systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define software requirements and specifications.
- Work with previously written code and make modifications as necessary.
- Ensure software performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Participate in software design reviews, code reviews, and system integration activities.
- Be a team player incorporating a team-based success philosophy.
- Contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of their immediate supervisor.
- Follow established Software processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in Java and satellite technology to drive innovation.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 5 years of software engineering experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in object-oriented software design and development using Java in a Linux environment and using unit testing tools (https://e.g., JUnit)
- Software and system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in established code and make modifications as necessary.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Perl and Python.
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Experience with Ansible, Jenkins, containers, and the Spring Framework
- Security+ certification
- Experience using the Atlassian tool suite.
- Experience with satellite communication systems and protocols is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with secure coding practices, especially in a defense or aerospace setting.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements.
State College, PA, known primarily for being home to Penn State University, offers a range of attractions and benefits for those considering living and working there. Here are the top 10 reasons:
- Penn State University: As one of the country's leading public research universities, Penn State offers a plethora of educational, employment, and cultural opportunities.
- Small-Town Feel with Big City Amenities: Despite its modest size, State College boasts a wide variety of restaurants, theaters, and shops, ensuring residents get the best of both worlds.
- Outdoor Activities: With proximity to several parks and forests like Rothrock State Forest, there are plenty of opportunities for hiking, biking, and exploring nature.
- Strong Sense of Community: The local community is tight knit, often coming together for events, parades, and the hugely popular Arts Fest.
- Low Crime Rate: State College frequently ranks as one of Pennsylvania's safest towns, making it a great place to raise a family.
- Cultural Events: Thanks to the university, there's a constant influx of speakers, concerts, theater productions, and sports events.
- Educational Opportunities: Aside from Penn State, the area boasts excellent public and private schools, making it ideal for families.
- Economic Stability: The presence of Raytheon and Penn State provides economic stability, offering jobs in education, research, and related industries.
- Central Location: Situated in the heart of Pennsylvania, State College is relatively close to major cities like Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Washington, https://D.C., making weekend getaways convenient.
- Diverse Population: The university attracts students, faculty, and staff from around the world, leading to a more diverse and inclusive community than might be expected in a small town.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms