United States of America
MA101: Andover MA 350 Lowell St Essex 350 Lowell Street Essex, Andover, MA, 01810 USA
Position Role Type:
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Manufacturing Engineers develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying products and manufacturing methods. They provide premier engineering and manufacturing support expertise to enable on-time, lowest cost hardware delivery with performance and reliability that exceed customer expectations. They execute across all phases of a program including proposal capture, process development, transition to production, and production support. Manufacturing Engineers design, control, and improve the manufacturing process and system design through a collaborative effort with the value stream team. You would apply your skills to implement improvements that reduce cycle time and cost and improve productivity, while maintaining a high level of safety in the manufacturing environment and quality within the product.
This is a second shift position which includes an 8% added pay differential
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
•Primarily Lead Continuous Improvement through process improvements to improve cycle time, reduce ergonomic risk to assemblers, automate, reduce costs (both direct and indirect) using CORE principles and data driven decision making
• Ability to work cross functionally with operations, maintenance, quality, and design to implement robust processes for continuous improvement.
• Make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials to support renewed manufacturing capability
• Review and validate recommendations regarding manufacturability of existing and future products and advise modifications or adaptations to address quality, customer, product, or productivity constraints.
• Support the integration of new automated system for manufacturing.
• Implement a system to proactively manage equipment failures.
• Leverage manufacturing innovations to improve cost, delivery, and quality of the two high volume line of the work center
• Provide real-time technical support to manufacturers and fabricator; in-house as well as the supply base as needed.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Typically requires a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience or an advanced degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience.
The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government issued security clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
• Proficiency with CAD solid modeling tools (preference for CREO/ProE) and/or simulation tools
• Experience with designing, programming, maintaining, and troubleshooting automated tooling and machinery
• Experience with military and industry standards
• Experience with conducting safety/ergonomic assessments
• Familiarity with standard material handling practices, especially as they pertain to Electrostatic Discharge mitigation requirements
• Active DoD security clearance
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Word, etc.)
• Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Self-motivated and results oriented individual with an ability to work in a team environment and with minimal direct supervision
• Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude with the ability to work across disciplines
• Innovative mindset that drives continuous improvement and keeps pace with advances in technology
• Excellent organizational skills with fine attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
What We Offer**:**
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...