United States of America
CA601: Goleta (EW) Bldg H01 6380 Hollister Avenue Building H01, Goleta, CA, 93117 USA
Position Role Type:
The Common Engineering Organization at Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) drives business success by providing a variety of critical engineering services across all Raytheon Intelligence & Space product lines and functions. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and strategists drawing inspiration from each other every day. We collaborate, iterate, and execute with an eye toward inclusivity, the company mission and personal career growth.
The Test Automation and Factory Engineering Directorate of RI&S business unit is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. Responsibilities of the role include process specification documentation, process improvement, assembly instruction creation, product defect analysis & prevention, new equipment implementation, and new product development and/or launch. The candidate will use oral and written communication skills to provide operator training, share key information within the team and the site, and interact with design & management personnel at the program team level. The role will also require completion of a variety of Raytheon Technologies training courses and may require occasional travel to supplier, customer, or other Raytheon Technologies sites.
In this fast-paced, quality oriented, and safety-minded work environment as a Manufacturing Engineer you will:
• Work directly with Quality, Test Engineering and Operations Personnel
• Create and update work instructions to ensure all technical requirements are captured for assembly
• Perform Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action when defects occur
• Support transition to build activities and First Article Validation for new products
• Participate in the design and procurement of fixtures and tooling
• Proactively undertake safety initiatives including job hazard analysis and ergonomic assessments
• Support defect prevention and engage with work area to address systemic issues to drive continuous improvement to reduce scrap and rework
• Occasional travel may be required
Location: Goleta, CA
Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements.
Security Clearance: An Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
• Experience with determining Root Cause and Corrective Action implementation
• Understanding of MRP and Shop Floor control systems for Non-Conforming Parts Disposition, Router Maintenance and Rework Router generation
• Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Positive attitude and ability to be adaptable to varying assignments
• Working knowledge of hardware assembly, torque controls and analyzing assembly tolerance stack up
• Experience with Electronic Circuit Card, Cabling, and Electronic System assembly
• Experience interfacing with customers and program manager regarding assessments of program performance (technical, cost and schedule)
• Working knowledge of Military and Commercial Standards, Materials and Process Specifications
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Experience implementing Statistical Process Control and Design of experiments to solve design and manufacturing related issues
Education and Experience Requirements:
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience
OR 3 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree (Typically STEM focused - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, and Holidays.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
The salary range for this role is 75,000 USD - 161,000 USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...