ess multi-disciplined expertise in two or more of these specialized areas and have the ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment:
- Analog Design – small signal amplification and filtering, low noise techniques
- Mixed Signal Design - A/D D/A Converters, Waveform Generators
- Digital design: MUXs, gates, buffers, registers, ram / flash memory
- Embedded Systems: FPGAs, MPUs, SoC, Signal Processing
- Magnetics Design – Inductor, Transformer, Tuning Networks
- Power Design - Filters, EMI Suppression, Overload/Short Circuit/Stress Analysis
- Simulation tools: PSpice, Matlab
- Acoustics: Transducer/Sensor Design
- Optical: Networking, Long-haul Fiber, Repeaters, Splicing and Routing
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Circuit and sub-system design, modeling, simulation and design verification test.
- Requirements analysis and decomposition, sub-system and circuit design, modeling, simulation and design verification test.
- Occasional travel to supplier, integration, and customer sites.
- Works autonomously with limited oversight from manager.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower-level professionals.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own department. May have responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (https://e.g., customers, vendors, etc.)
- May manage small projects or processes within area of responsibility.
- This is a hybrid position
- Typically a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR a Master of Science Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 3 years of prior relevant experience. A PhD can account for 5 years of experience as required for this position
- Experience with development of circuit cards/modules, subsystems/assemblies, and/or test systems
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. https://U.S. citizenship is required as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Experience working in a multi-use Engineering laboratory
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a larger team
- Experience writing detailed requirements, design and test documents
- Experience in a DoD environment
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms