A, module, and/or unit in a laboratory setting. The candidate will be familiar with latest technology trend in the area of microprocessor, memory, FPGA and interface protocols. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system, mechanical, and software engineers.
The candidate will need to perform verification and validation testing support of prototype and production designs. Efforts will include test planning to support development of Subsystem/Modules. The position will also perform technical & cost trade studies, and product selection for commercially available components. All designs incorporate Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques including simulation and prototyping necessary to validate the simulations and to develop statistical margins.
Candidates will be expected to provide recommendations and solutions to a variety of technical problems working autonomously or in small groups. Effective candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where a person with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop, simulate, document, support, debug, and test various types of digital, and mixed-signal, power circuit, and other interface circuit level / board level designs. The candidate will be expected to lead small teams of 2-5 engineers, including Mechanical, Electrical, & Test Engineering, with responsibility for meeting cost and schedule targets.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
• Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience
• Must have experience and demonstrated background in the development of detailed circuit design & simulation for RF modules and circuitry
• Experience with Mentor Graphics Design Tool Set to create schematics that contain microprocessor, FPGAs, high-speed transceivers, Double Data Rate (DDR) and flash memories, block diagrams, parts lists and design review packages for complex electronics
• Generate Printed Wiring Board (PWB) layout constraint guidelines, oversee the layout and fabrication of the design
• Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzers, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, and FPGA debugging tools
• Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: Versa Module Eurocard (VME), Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI), Peripheral Component Interconnect express (PCIe), VPX, and Gb Ethernet
• Experience in FPGA design implementation with VHSIC Hardware Description Language (VHDL) design language
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
• The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government issued security clearance is required
• U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
• Experience using Earned Value Management System (EVMS) project management/accounting
• Experience designing with Xilinx and/or Altera FPGAs
• Mentor Board Station and Expedition Schematic/Layout
• Advocate for process improvement (e.g. CMMI and Six Sigma)
• Willingness to travel as needed
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
This is an ONSITE position. Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world - and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral Eligible
The salary range for this role is 118,000 USD - 246,000 USD. The salary range provided is a good faith estimate representative of all experience levels. RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role, function and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.
Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.
Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company's performance.
This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.
RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms