Engineering Discipline Chief (Onsite)**
Collins Aerospace Systems is a leading supplier of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. Our Space Systems business unit within Collins Aerospace provides life support and thermal management systems including comprehensive integrated Environmental Control and Life Support System (ECLSS) solutions for NASA, government, and commercial customers. Our solutions enable International Space Station (ISS) missions, satellite and orbital destination platforms, and human mobility missions including current and next generation space suit programs. Our products and integrated mission systems offerings enable Low Earth Orbit (LEO), lunar, exploratory, and deep space platforms across a wide range of programs including NASA’s Artemis Program which will establish a sustainable presence on the Moon to prepare for missions to Mars.
The Mechanical Discipline Chief Engineer will guide the engineering teams to ensure the best-in-class design & development of technologies, components, and sub-systems; using better tools and processes to ensure compliance to specifications, requirements, and customer needs across applicable operating conditions.
As a Discipline Chief Engineer and member of the Discipline Chief Engineering team, the Mechanical Discipline Chief Engineer will be responsible for guidance and mentoring at all levels of mechanical engineering process including concept, design and development, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, and maintenance. The Mechanical Discipline Chief guides the mechanical architecture studies, detailed mechanical design process, integration, verification and validation, risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for mechanical design in Space Systems.
- SME for assigned discipline
- Develops and implements Mechanical Engineering best practices, processes and procedures within the Standard Work framework.
- Implements and supports Standard Work processes across all applicable development programs to deliver consistent results.
- Works collaboratively with other Engineering disciplines, Programs, Operations, Quality and Customers to achieve optimal design solutions.
- Chairs Design Reviews
- Influences requirements management and validation with other teams and disciplines.
- Ensures the correct decomposition of customer specifications and Mechanical requirements into an optimized design with respect to functionality, reliability and producibility, and generation of verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
- Ensures compliance to specifications, requirements, and customer guarantees.
- Supports/assists with RCCA activities and corrective action boards within the discipline.
- Leads the development of and/or maintaining standard tools or templates for the discipline.
- Shares lessons learned across the discipline, programs, and products while transitioning the lessons learned into applicable process improvements for the discipline.
- Works closely with Value Stream Leads and Program Chiefs to ensure customer satisfaction through careful planning, staffing, and execution of projects.
- Conducts discipline health reviews.
- Participates in the proposal process to develop and review cost estimates, schedules and proposals packages where engineering resources are required.
- Lead discipline specific process and tools training activities.
- Mentors IPTs and engineers within the discipline.
- Assesses design maturity and review technical risk.
- Serves as the organizational champion of the Community of Practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or Aerospace Engineering with 10 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations OR Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years experience OR In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a https://U.S. Citizen
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms