Raytheon Technologies is on FGB’s Best Companies for Women of 2019.
FGB'ers gave this company a 4.1/5 in overall job satisfaction
Programs are also available for dependent and adult care, family leave, college planning, counseling and personal convenience services.
We provide programs that offer solutions to life’s challenges, including a variety of flexible work arrangements and paid time off.
Employees may participate in tax-advantaged accounts to pay for eligible health and dependent care expenses with pretax dollars.
Raytheon’s Intelligence & Space Hardware Engineering Center is seeking a Senior Principal RF Design Lead to join the team in the Space Systems RF & Communications Electronics department.
The person hired for this position will lead, mentor, and work alongside a talented team towards the development, test, and integration of new state-of-the-art systems for space application that meets our customer’s descriptions and requirements.
The Senior Principal RF Design Lead will be involved with the technical design and product development of RF & Microwave sub-systems, units and modules utilizing cutting edge technology for space systems. The ideal candidate will be an RF subject matter expert in the design and development of state-of-theart Receiver/Exciter, EW, communications, and other systems across multiple platforms. Also required is extensive technical expertise from concept through production of RF & Microwave hardware. This ideal candidate is expected to be capable of developing requirements for subsystem, unit, and module products along with performing allocations/architecture trades. Experience in architectural, conceptual and hands-on design of Digital Receivers, Synthesizers, A/D Converters is required.
The successful candidate must be experienced in design, analysis, simulations, development and testing of RF circuitry and CCAs for Receiver/Exciter sub-systems. The candidate should be capable of working effectively in a team environment while providing cost effective solutions for customer needs. Design experience with low band and high frequency circuitry ranging from baseband to KU band and up to mmW is desired.
• Must have at least 12 years of related technical experience with a Bachelor's Degree, or 8 years of experience with a Master's Degree.
• Hands on experience in the design, analysis, development, bread-boarding, troubleshooting and testing of RF circuits. Experience with the troubleshooting of complex RF systems, modules, CCAs, and components.
• Knowledge and experience utilizing industry standard software tools such as Keysight ADS and Genesys, Mentor Expedition, and Ansys HFSS.
• Experience with ADS simulation using s-parameters, P2D file modeling, harmonic balance, large signal S-parameter modeling of components, modules, and units.
• Experience utilizing Matlab for the processing of measured and simulation results including but not limited to frequency response and time-domain processing.
• Experience with frequency plan design and analysis of spurious response.
• Experience designing and implementing test setups for RF components, modules, and unit characterization including coherent setups.
• Should be capable of flowing high level requirements down to lower-level modules or components.
• Must be capable of developing new requirements for component suppliers along with the generation supplier specification drawings.
• Must be able to perform supplier management for development of new components and assemblies.
• Position requires an ability to obtain an SSBI, SCI, and/or TS clearance within one year of start date.
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
• Project and small team leadership skills.
• Active SSBI clearance.
• Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace industries.
• Prior experience in RF electronics development for space systems.
• A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline from an ABET accredited university.
• Master’s degree and/or PhD in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline.
This position may offer a sign-on bonus up to $20K DOE
Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...