United States of America
CA220: 2202 E El Segundo Blvd BldgE02 2002 East El Segundo Boulevard Building E02, El Segundo, CA, 90245 USA
Position Role Type:
Raytheon’s Systems Integrity team in El Segundo, CA, is looking for highly skilled Engineers who can apply their technical knowledge and leadership experience to system security engineering and program protection. This key technical leadership role includes driving interaction with program leads, customers, and senior level executives to help shape Systems Security advancements within the Systems Integrity Directorate. Our key areas of focus in Cybersecurity and Anti-Tamper provide engineers the opportunity to address real threats and design vulnerabilities. Secure Systems Engineers (SSE) exhibit a high degree of creativity/ingenuity and are responsible for leading the development of advanced embedded systems and security integrity solutions.
The successful candidate will be a motivated experienced Integrated Product Team Lead that has demonstrated ability to successfully manage engineering performance on a program and drive team execution to meet customer commitments.
You’re highly skilled in (required skills):
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive technical experience related to system engineering principles leading to Design and Development OF Embedded Systems solutions for Anti-Tamper and/or Cybersecurity and/or Software Assurance.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the active management of program cost, schedule, scope and risk using project management (MS Project) and financial tools (EVMS) to continuously monitor and communicate program performance
- Experience in leading technical teams to:
- Drive prioritization of tasking
- Obtain regular status to manage team performance
- Execute parallel, high priority activities through delegation
- Proactively mitigate risk to avoid impact to cost, quality, schedule
- Promote continuous improvement to capture opportunities and positively impact program and team performance
- Successful experience applying methods to work across engineering disciplines to collaborate and close on design direction.
- Strong verbal/written communications skills and ability to effectively interact with a diverse audience of internal and external Customers to:
- Deconflicts priorities
- Communicate and obtain help needed to ensure progress to plan
- Lead and obtain consensus on tough problems to drive continued progress
- Ability to work with a variety of different people/personalities and build team environment as well as a clear sense of direction that drive towards programs goals/objectives
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time Embedded solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs
- Experience with defining requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing fielding real-time embedded solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs
- Demonstrated understanding and application of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) to actively manage a program
- Use all facets of EVMS to report out team performance to program, functional and senior management
- Familiarity with sizing engineering efforts, bidding program pursuits and budget preparation
- ACTIVE Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain additional program-level special clearance
You’re a great match with (desired skills):
- Experience with certification and accreditation of cryptographic, anti-tamper, and other security-related engineering products / systems (e.g. NSA Type I)
- Experience with GPS and navigation techniques
- Familiarity with cryptography, applied cryptography, and key management
- Experience in Reverse Engineering (RE) of hardware, firmware, and/or software
- Experience with Circuit Board Design, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FGPA) and/or ASIC design
- Experience with multi-level security solutions
- Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf security technologies and trusted products
- Demonstrated working knowledge of secure systems technologies, methodologies, policies, and guidelines.
- Experience with Critical Program Information (CPI) Identification and development of Program Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
What’s in it for you:
- You’re helping keep America’s all-volunteer service members safe.
- Raytheon ranked on LinkedIn’s Top Companies to work for
- Flexible work schedules, one week paid company shut down in December
- You’re providing security solutions for space and airborne designs – how cool is that?
- Must have an Active or Current DoD Security Clearance on Day 1 of employment
- U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
Typically requires a degree
in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Relocation assistance is available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements
Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding
~ Sign on bonus eligibility applies to external only candidates ~
The salary range for this role is 123,000 USD - 259,000 USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms