eers developing programmable cryptographic modules and systems
• Architect, design, develop, integrate, and test cryptographic modules and systems
• Create system level requirements, architectures, security designs, and certification documents
• Work closely with a team software, firmware, and hardware engineers to ensure implementation meets the product requirements
• Perform system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification
• Support definition of operations concepts and procedure planning/ development, interfacing with personnel from other organizations
• Lead/attend technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of their project
• Provide the technical interface to the customer and providing leadership to the engineering team on the program
• Ensure the integrity of all engineering products, drawings, plans and specifications, requirements allocation products, system architecture, design analyses, and interface descriptions
• Create required project documentation in support of contract deliverables, including development plans, requirement and design specifications, and test documents
• Architecture, design, development, integration, and testing of embedded software for a network security appliances, including device management software, communication protocols, device drivers, and control plane security features
• Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience
• Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams with other team members and customers
• Knowledge in developing architectures and design of complex modules
• Supporting development projects from concept through implementation and integration
• Efficient time management to support multiple projects concurrently
• Proficient in working with engineering, quality, and operations to oversee hardware development
• Experience with requirements management using DOORS
• Experience with presenting and interfacing with customers (internal and external)
• Experience with closure of issues, risks, and opportunities
• Work problems and shape solutions with customers from both a tactical and strategic perspective
• Excellent organizational, decision making and communication skills
• Active DoD Secret (or higher) Clearance
• Active and transferable U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date
• U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
• Current or prior experience in cryptographic products and designs and certification processes
• Cyber security knowledge including Risk Management Framework
• Knowledgeable with the NSA crypto certification process
• First-hand experience in the development of embedded systems
• Technical depth working with field-programmable gate arrays, analog and digital circuits, and microprocessors.
• Crypto Algorithm experience
• Experience in implementing cryptographic certifications.
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
This is an ONSITE position. Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world - and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral Eligible
The salary range for this role is 130,000 USD - 272,000 USD. The salary range provided is a good faith estimate representative of all experience levels. RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role, function and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.
Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.
Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company's performance.
This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.
RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms