United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Position Role Type:
The Collins Aerospace Mission Systems Test Engineering Design Services team seeks an onsite Project Engineer with the desire to learn, grow, and lead a talented team of engineers. The Project Engineer engages in all phases of a program life cycle, from pursuit, bidding, and program planning, to execution, delivery, and project close-out. Throughout a program, the Project Engineer performs the roles of customer and/or engineering advocate, internal/external point of contact, technical leader, cost account manager, schedule planner, risk and opportunity facilitator, and program reporter.
Our Test Engineering team designs, builds, and deploys sophisticated testing solutions for product engineering, manufacturing, and repair depots, both internal to Collins and to external domestic and international customers. We work with a vast array of complex products so designing a multi-rack test solution blends creativity with technology to ensure end-product integrity before customer delivery. Testing these products can require leading edge equipment with high-speed connectivity for rapid, efficient, complete, and automated test execution. Every type of engineering that goes into end products applies to test engineering development.
- Application of integrated project management, technical consistent process, earned value, and risk management techniques.
- Reviewing and understanding customer requirements and statements of work to determine project scope.
- Leading Test Engineering bid efforts, which may include the development of a work breakdown structure, a bid kickoff presentation, the bid, a bid review presentation, and the bid delivery.
- Developing a program execution plan involving coordination between the Test Engineering team and external organizations.
- Executing a project which meets requirements, budget, schedule, and quality goals.
- Lead, coordinate, develop, and present project reviews with the team and customers.
- Creating and reviewing technical documents for submittal to customers
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing earned value metrics to understand program performance and to recommend staffing and/or schedule adjustments based on these metrics.
- Advocating for project staffing.
- Fostering a one-team environment within the team and across organizational boundaries as a major key to project and personal success.
- Promoting an atmosphere of excitement, engagement, and fun on a program.
- Engineering experience with more than one phase of a program life cycle as a Systems, Hardware, and/or Software Engineer.
- Experience estimating and planning engineering work for a team and/or self.
- Experience and/or exposure to project control methods, such as establishing baselines and change management.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and leadership skills.
- Confidence in coordinating with and presenting to all levels of engineering and program management.
- Ability to take ownership of a project, demonstrate initiative and responsibility, help and mentor others, be inclusive, and delegate appropriately.
- Capable of recognizing and acknowledging project issues, thinking of creative solutions, and driving for positive results and closure.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to details.
- Stress tolerance - maintaining a calm and positive outlook during stressful situations
- Customer service orientation: providing customers with quality experiences and establishing and maintaining effective relationships.
- Ability to strive for win-win.
- Experience with the following is highly desired: Microsoft Project, Jira, Subversion.
- Some experience with test equipment and a production environment is beneficial.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of experience OR
In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications.
Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
Some travel may be required.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...