United States of America
VA543: 22270 Pacific Blvd, Dulles 22270 Pacific Boulevard Building CC5, Sterling, VA, 20166-6924 USA
Position Role Type:
Raytheon Technologies has an immediate need for a Team Lead to support a SIGINT collection team. The Team Lead will be responsible for managing a highly qualified small team in support of customer operations with a focus on implementing policy and strategy to ensure operational continuity. The right candidate will be knowledgeable in SIGINT collection systems, SIGINT theory, and technical troubleshooting and will serve as one of the Subject Matter Experts (SME) supporting operations that have the highest impact to National Security. The Team Lead will be responsible for leading, mentoring, and reviewing the work performed by their team members, they will also be responsible for conducting on the job training for new hires and junior staff, troubleshoot equipment and interface directly with customer management to ensure seamless support.
This work is in the Washington Metropolitan Area and involves shift work.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Represents the entirety of the Department’s SIGINT portfolio. Must thoroughly understand and be able to optimize all relevant SIGINT capabilities and be able to represent those capabilities in a professional, objective, and articulate manner.
• Works with other Team Leads, Managers, and Representatives to help clarify individual Area(s) of Responsibility (AOR) priorities and associated requirements.
• Assists individual AORs to optimize their available resources and capabilities to meet their real-time requirements.
• Actively facilitate the integration of SIGINT capabilities into customer/program operations.
• Ensures each AOR are staffed appropriately based on skillsets and requirements.
• Ability to identify shortfalls, and work with fellow Team Leads and Department Management to identify any problems, quantify the severity, and suggest a resolution and/or mitigation plan.
• Ensure employees are knowledgeable to meet the customer/program and mission requirements.
• Coordinate with fellow TLs, Department Management, and Program Management to ensure overall team composition adequately distributes experience and capabilities across the teams to meet requirements.
• Attends and briefs senior leadership at daily meetings, as well as any ad-hoc meetings when requested.
• Ensures representation at each shift change briefing for continuity.
• Attending customer/program SIGINT related meetings, to include those focused on O&M.
• Serve as a principal SME for SIGINT Tactics, Techniques, and Protocols (TTPs) and collaborates with the training team to ensure that TTPs are coordinated and approved as standards for training and operations across the Department.
• Responsible for distribution of TTPs, best practices, new capabilities and requirements, and ensures that any suggested changes are communicated between employees, Department Technology Office, and Vendors.
• Responsible for working with Program Management to provide the following for their team members: Performance Feedback, Reviews, Recognition of Contributions, and Disciplinary Actions.
Additional Required Skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead a medium sized team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 5 years of directly applicable Operations experience
• 1 year of experience as a SIGINT trainer
• 1 year of experience in a Lead position
• Ability to articulate an intermediate to advanced understanding of:
o Radio Frequency Theory
o Radio Wave Propagation
o 2nd and 3rd Generation Telephony Technologies
o 802.11 Protocol
• Demonstrates sound judgement, innovation, critical thinking, and effective interpersonal skills.
• Displays consistent maturity, poise, initiative, and professionalism
• Leads by example, encourages teamwork, vocalizes opposing viewpoints, facilitates peer collaboration, and effectively manages conflict resolution.
• Highly adaptive to rapidly evolving mission requirements, acclimates to change with limited guidance and able to lead and manage in stressful conditions.
• Decision-making is timely, of the highest quality, and adaptive to changing conditions and requirements.
• Understands how SIGINT fits into the broader mission and responsibilities of the Department.
• Two years of experience within the department as SIGINT collector.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of directly applicable experience.
• Eight (8) years of experience can be applied in lieu of a degree for a total of sixteen (16) years of experience.
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...