United States of America
AZ201: RMS AP Bldg 801 1151 East Hermans Road Building 801, Tucson, AZ, 85756 USA
Position Role Type:
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trail blaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation, and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating
As the Signal Processing Engineering Fellow, you will participate in unique multi-disciplinary research across integrated product teams consisting of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC), Signal Processing and missile-and-sensor-level Performance Simulations. You will perform critical radar and/or electro-optic/infrared (EO/IR) system trades, resolving complex signal processing problems, and advising program and engineering management teams in pursuit of organizational business targets. Signal Processing Fellows are demonstrated industry experts, versatile, innovative, and eager to share their knowledge.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- You will apply knowledge of algorithm development in areas such as detection and estimation, clutter rejection, feature extraction, classification, tracking, and sensor fusion
- You will mentor others in the development of technical solutions to complex signal processing problems that require application of advanced technical principles involving multiple subsystem interactions; and guide the successful completion of signal processing development and integration efforts in a technical expert capacity
- You will act independently, as well as working with early career engineers, to uncover and resolve issues associated with development and implementation of radar and/or EO/IR system designs
- You will collaborate across programs; representing the organization as a subject matter expert within the field of signal processing; and
- You will interact with senior managers to plan and execute programs to accomplish long-range objectives, while also helping to shape the strategic direction of technology to accomplish long-term goals
- You will oversee a technical team, mentor engineers, and/or manage engineering projects
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering disciplines, natural or physical sciences, Mathematics, or Physics
- With a Bachelor’s Degree listed above, you must have twelve (12) years or more of documented work experience designing, implementing, and testing radar and/or EO/IR signal processing algorithms in areas such as detection and estimation, clutter rejection, feature extraction, classification, tracking, or sensor fusion (A Master’s Degree will satisfy 2 years of work experience and a PhD will satisfy 4 years of work experience)
- At least eight (8+) years of documented experience with systems engineering of radar and/or EO/IR systems, including system-level requirements allocation, participation in design reviews or peer reviews, and presenting technical briefings to both internal and external customers
- Documented experience successfully procuring research and development funding both internal and external to the company
- Documented experience using C++ and MATLAB.
- Must be the author of intellectual property (patent disclosures) or conference/journal publications in a signal processing technical area within the past ten (10) years.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Experience assessing radar and/or EO/IR sensor system integration risks through laboratory, ground, and flight test data evaluation
- Experience with radar characteristics in the presence of plasma
- System-level design experience across multiple engineering disciplines such as software, electrical, mechanical, and test engineering
- Broad experience in disciplines adjacent to signal processing, including modeling and simulation; guidance, navigation, and control; embedded software development; and hardware in the loop testing
- Experience with proposal preparation to obtain new business contracts, spanning technical proposal development, work breakdown structures, and cost estimation
- Experience in autonomous and collaborative systems, hypersonics, calibration of radar and/or EO/IR sensors, or Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Experience influencing large, multi-discipline teams as a Chief Engineer
- Recognized as a subject matter expert within the industry, with prior defense contractor businesses, and among the customer base
- Experience with missile components and systems
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years
What We Offer**:**
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey, or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package including compensation, healthcare, wellness, retirement, work/life benefits, career development and recognition programs. Some of the best benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility**:**
Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms