Life Cycle Engineering consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our Life Cycle Engineering disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
We’re an employee-focused team collaborating across departments, including Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Test & Integration and Production.
As a Sr. Principal Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) and Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) Engineer you’re responsible for all aspects of RAM / FRACAS activity within the Raytheon Missiles & Defense business unit.
In this role you’ll ensure the performance compliance of both customer and internal requirements by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
You’ll also provide leadership in collaborations with Program Management and government approval authorities from program startup through production to demilitarization and disposal backgrounds
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) analyses, including Sneak Circuit Analyses.
- Identifying key issues and addressing them with optimal technical solutions
- Managing a reliability program including monitoring program technical execution
- Interfacing with customers, program offices, subcontractors and/or vendors
- Effectively tasking reliability engineering personnel
This job is posted as Onsite and is based at our Tucson, AZ facility.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
As a Sr. Principal RAM/FRACAS Engineer your responsibilities will also include the following:
- Reliability modeling, allocation, and prediction
- Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) processes
- Part stress and derating analysis
- Failure diagnosis and data / trend analysis
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Work with common industry reliability analysis tools including:
- PTC Windchill, ReliaSoft, etc.
- Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA),
- Reliability demonstration / growth testing
- Sneak circuit analysis
- Electronic Parts/Circuits Tolerance Analysis (EPCTA) / Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA).
- Obtain and maintain Special Access Program clearance
Travel may be required.
- Typically Requires: Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) and minimum 10 years of relevant Engineering experience An advanced degree may account for additional years of experience as required for this position
- Experience with reliability analysis, failure investigations and/or root cause/corrective action (RCCA) or equivalent experience.
- Leadership experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret https://U.S. government issued security clearance is required. https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Reliability experience in electrical, electronic, and/or electromechanical product design and development.
- Experience as a critical systems thinker, capable of understanding how a system operates and using available information to make an informed decision on the effects to the system’s reliability
- Project Management experience - Ensure establishment of an executable project plan, schedule, budget, resource requirements, and performance standards
- Strong circuit analysis skills
- Familiarity with Built In Test (BIT) Fault Detection Rate (FDR), Fault Isolation Rate (FIR), and False Alarm Rate (FAR) analyses
- Familiarity with software reliability prediction methods, Design of Experiment methods, or sneak circuit analysis
- Familiarity with other functional disciplines’ modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing techniques, methods, and related processes, https://e.g., structural, thermal, EEE / EMI / EMC, material science, components, analog / digital / power electronics design, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Ability to take an analytical approach and utilize technical knowledge to solve challenges with optimal solutions
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills with the ability to manage a reliability program and provide direction to subordinate personnel
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to independently pursue information and solve complex problems
- Experience organizing and delivering presentations that communicate complex issues simply yet accurately
- Experience with and / or knowledge of Bayesian reliability or software reliability
- Demonstrated experience leading a team at program level
What We Offer
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the outstanding benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Tucson, AZ - https://jobs.raytheonmissilesanddefense.com/living-in-tucson
This job is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities, Tucson has a friendly, laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, the colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson showcases some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, this fantastic weather allows residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Sr. Principal Engineer, Reliability Engineering
Clearance Information: This position requires ability to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms