ed engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time position of Senior Principal Test Systems Engineer. If you enjoy being in the middle of everything and love working with teams, this is the job for you! We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and strategists drawing inspiration from each other every day. We collaborate, iterate, and execute with an eye toward inclusivity, the company mission and personal career growth.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Generation of product and test solution requirements.
- Architecting of the test solution to meet the defined requirements.
- Perform Gap Analysis to determine common platform enhancement needs.
- Technical Leadership throughout a program’s production test development process.
- Accountable for requirements and testability analysis.
- Responsible for validation of the test solution(s) to ensure they meet all defined requirements.
- Ensure the Test Engineering Development Plan (TEDP) follows the standard processes defined by the TEE organization.
- Develop and maintains test standards and processes.
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and ten (10) years of prior relevant experience OR an Advanced degree and seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) and Digital Test Systems Engineering or equivalent Engineering experience for both test hardware electrical design and/or software development, integration, verification, validation, and maintenance activities within production/manufacturing environments and processes.
- Experience working with and communicating with different levels of management and individual contributors on a program team at different work site locations.
- Experience leading a cross functional team (test personnel (electrical, software, mechanical, etc.)).
- Willing to travel as needed to other company facilities, manufacturer/contracting suppliers, and/or industry conferences.
- Experience with Test Systems Engineering or equivalent engineering cost estimation and schedule knowledge.
- Experience with Basis of Estimate (BOE) generation for Test Systems Engineering programs.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a https://U.S. Government issued (Secret) security clearance is required. https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Earn Value Management System (EVMS) knowledge.
- Agile Methodologies understanding.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms