omers. Our Life Cycle Engineering disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
As a Sr. Software Safety Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of engineering software, and/or firmware, IAW MIL-STD-882E, JSSSEH, AOP-52, etc.
- Work with software development teams to review and analyze embedded software code
- Collaborating with Program Management and government approval authorities from program startup through deployment to gain concurrence with software builds
This position is posted as ONSITE and can be based in either Marlborough, MA or Tewksbury, MA.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Performing Software and/or Firmware analyses
- Executing the Software System Safety Program
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Interfacing with stakeholders (https://e.g. customers, program offices, subcontractors, vendors)
- Preparing Safety Assessment Reports and Safety Program Briefs for Customer Approval
- Briefing software safety of the program at technical reviews and as part of the safety approval process
- Interpreting system requirements, customer specifications and military standards
- Collaborating across multiple disciplines to gain a full understanding of product architecture and design
- Typically Requires: Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) and a minimum 5 years of relevant engineering or statistics or data analysis experience. An advanced degree may account for additional years of experience as required for this position.
- Experience with: Software or Firmware Engineering, System Safety Engineering, System Engineering, or equivalent Safety Engineering
- The ability to obtain and maintain a https://U.S. government issued security clearance is required. https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Experience with DoD System Safety Programs
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills, with the ability to manage a safety program
- program and provide direction to supporting safety personnel
- Master’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
What We Offer
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the outstanding benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
* Please consider the following role type definition as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Sr. Engineer, Systems Engineering
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms