United States of America
VA957: 586 Weyland Rd Langley AFB VA 586 Weyland Road , Langley AFB, VA, 23665 USA
Position Role Type:
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is seeking a system administrator, software engineer or information technology specialist to perform Air Force Distributive Common Ground System (AF DCGS) sustainment/ Open Architecture Mission Application Technical Support (OA MATS) functions across GEOINT and SIGINT systems. This requisition is open to candidates willing to work with a well-established and evolving team at Langley AFB, Virginia.
DCGS duties include but are not limited to providing direct mission support and the support of existing and new weapon system infrastructure that is based upon Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems and associated hardware.
Candidates for this position should have a strong understanding of GEOINT or SIGINT operations and the technical expertise to support evolving Virtualized/Cloud based technologies in an Open Architecture (OA) environment.
New members of the Raytheon team will initially work closely with more experienced engineers but will eventually be expected to work with limited supervision. Candidates should be self-motivated, organized, possess excellent written and verbal skills and have the ability to work independently. The candidate will be expected to support and respond to customer needs with accuracy and efficiency.
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) places an emphasis on work life balance and team spirit while maintaining a favorable relationship with the customer. This position requires the candidate to work various 24x7 shifts throughout the year in response to customer demands.
• 24x7 support of Full Motion Video, U-2, and Global Hawk mission operations.
• Use dedicated ground control systems to monitor sensor and ground health and status and quickly resolve issues as they occur
• Actively monitor and troubleshoot system issues and participate in logistics and incident reporting during problem resolution
• Participate in integration activities by working closely with the customer, Raytheon in-plant engineering and other Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) when new capabilities are fielded
• Work as part of a company agnostic team across the AF DCGS enterprise, understand the Raytheon company goals and customer requirements while working well with other team members in the local area
• Experience with military GEOINT and SIGINT domains to include U-2, Global Hawk, MQ-1 and MQ-9 sensors and processing, exploitation and dissemination (PED) architectures
• UNIX (Solaris or Linux) and Microsoft Windows system administration
• Administration of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) or Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) software solutions used for GEOINT or SIGINT analysis (Socet GXP, GXP Xplorer, Unicorn, mIRC chat, Multi-INT Analysis and Archive System (MAAS), etc.) or other OEM software (APS, GSEG, CICS, etc.)
• Network administration and troubleshooting
• Sybase, Oracle, MySQL or MongoDB database system administration
• Experience administering VMware (containers, storage, and resources) and cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, etc.)
• Familiar with the concepts of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and frameworks (ex. Distributed Data Framework (DDF))
• Knowledge of web applications and their development (Apache, APS, NET, NodeJS, etc.)
• Familiarity with x86-based server hardware and troubleshooting methods
• Familiarity with the Serena trouble ticket reporting system
• Understanding of cyber security tools and methods
• Prior Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) 3D0X or 3D1X experience
Required Security Clearance
Education or Equivalent Experience
This position requires a U.S. Person
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...