X is committed to creating a company where all employees are respected, valued and supported in the pursuit of their goals. We know companies that embrace diversity in all its forms not only deliver stronger business results, but also become a force for good, fueling stronger business performance and greater opportunity for employees, partners, investors and communities to succeed.
The following position is to join our RTX Corporate, Enterprise Services, Research Center or BBN team:
The following position is being posted as part of the Corporate and Enterprise Services Technical Fellows program.
In addition to completing this application, please note the following additional requirements for Fellows roles:
- A sponsorship form [internal applicants only] and letter of intent* must be submitted along with your resume/CV
- Should it be determined that you meet the basic qualifications, you will be invited to complete a supplemental application. You will also be required to solicit a number of recommendation letters.
*Your letter of intent should be a one a one-page summary of your vision of technical excellence for your discipline or area of expertise. Clearly identify specific needs of the business and how your vision will benefit RTX. Describe how this role will advance that vision and why you feel you are the right candidate for this opportunity. Identify specific outcomes or objectives and the supporting approaches, resources, and partnerships that you would pursue as a Technical Fellow to achieve those objectives.
Internal candidates_: Please reference the timeline and process_ here for more information and application materials.
External candidates_: Your recruiter will walk through the process with you and ensure you understand the required supplemental forms in order to complete your application._
Please direct inquires related to Fellows postings to: RTXFellows@https://rtx.com
All initial applications must be submitted by Thursday, November 30.
RTX Fellows serve as the technical foundation of our company. Through leadership, innovation, organizational impact, and talent development – our fellows ensure the technical excellence, and competitive advantage of our world-class people, processes, and products.
Fellows Pillars & Objectives
- Enterprise Leadership: Active engagement across the enterprise to share expertise wherever most needed
- Continuous Learning and Development: Active and enduring self-improvement to remain on the forefront of advances in field of expertise
- Technical Excellence: Leadership through contributions to high-quality technical decision making
- Product Impact: Leadership in resolution of significant technical issues within discipline to drive program and product excellence
- Discipline Health: Engagement with technical leadership to sustain competitive capability in technical discipline
Innovation & Impact****
- Technology: Contribute to the development and execution of technology roadmaps and strategic plans
- Knowledge Capture: Contribute to the advancement of documented “state-of-the-art” in the industry
- Future Focus: Provide forward-looking leadership to identify potential external technology disruptors, and evaluate strategic enterprise applications
- Externalization: Engage in the external technical community to establish RTX as a technical leader in the industries in which we operate
Talent, Mentorship & Teaching****
- Talent Capture: Actively engage in the attraction and retention of top technical talent, with a specific focus on diversity; Build and maintain productive relationships with key educational institutions that generate top-talent in discipline
- Mentoring & Sponsorship: Take personal responsibility to develop and advocate for the next generation of technical leaders
- Teaching: Play an active role in developing and delivering internal training opportunities to drive technical capability, proficiency, and adoption
As Technical Fellow – Enterprise Platforms Architect, you will be a member of the RTX Enterprise Services Infrastructure Architecture team. You will be a cross-functional leader, mentor and technical expert across all of RTX, focused on infrastructure hosting platforms and solutions. You will work to develop infrastructure architectural solutions and standards that meet RTX customer and business needs, supporting RTX Digital architecture strategy and execution. You will mentor engineers and architects to ensure success from strategy and architecture, through implementation. You will also be actively engaged in Technical Fellows program activities, and will support the overall Enterprise Services Digital Strategy in partnership with your peer Fellows.
- Be an RTX infrastructure technology leader. Lead cross functional architecture efforts to deliver solutions for RTX customers and business needs. Partner closely with Application, Data, and Cyber Security architects.
- Consult with C-level executives, business/technology leaders, and engineers
- Be the technical expert in hosting platforms; Hands on engineering in Cloud (Azure/AWS; IaaS/PaaS/SaaS), and Private (On-prem HCI) platforms. Advocate for innovative and new platform capabilities and solutions.
- Develop Enterprise Architecture artifacts, standards, and roadmaps. Ensure Enterprise Reference Architectures are leveraged across all of RTX.
- Mentor engineers and architects to ensure successful implementation of strategy and architecture
- Continuously learn; Update enterprise architecture based on shifts in business needs and technology innovation
- Lead technical proof of concepts/proof of value to validate architectural and technology decisions
- Support engagements with RTX Business Units, including developing technical solutions for current and future challenges
- Improve upon existing processes and systems using significant conceptualizing and reasoning
- Provide consultation regarding long-range business planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements within the discipline
- Consistently demonstrate RTX Fellows Pillars (technical excellence, leadership excellence, innovation and impact, mentorship and teaching)
- Actively participate in Fellows activities
- Help build and develop the Digital Technology Fellow pipeline by providing guidance, coaching / mentoring, and training to other employees (including help build architecture skills with mentees)
- Minimum 12+ years of large scale solution architecture or enterprise architecture experience
- Architect level certification/s or equivalent experience in Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong technical acumen; domain competencies in Infrastructure, Applications, Cyber, Data architecture
- Proven experience of creating measurable outcomes and producing products/services with measurable business value
- Proven experience in evaluating technical standards and associated impacts; understanding when they are applicable and creating implementation roadmaps
- Proven experience with leading, mentoring, and coaching technical engineers and architects
- Ability to express complex technical and process concepts in business terms and communicate to various disciplined audiences
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to develop innovative technical solutions, operate in a multidisciplinary environment, and think holistically across complex systems
- Requires deep knowledge of multiple work areas or product line life cycle typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Requires the ability to communicate with and influence senior executive leadership regarding matters of strategic importance to the product line or business
- Ability to successfully work across disciplines, Business Units, and systems
- Ability to influence internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches
- Recognized as a prominent expert within the field
- Experience working in a multi-site Enterprise environment including facilitating cross organizational solutions in response to diverse objectives
- Self-directed with demonstrated ability to organize and provide technical leadership for a diverse (both geographic and technical) team
- Team building and motivational skills; able to develop and maintain working relationships at all levels of the organization – including customer, program, and internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including presentation and negotiation skills, preparing management level briefings and summary explanations
- Certified architect or TOGAF certified preferred
- Experience driving technology innovation in complex enterprise companies
- Recognized as an expert within the external community.
- Typically requires: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum 12 years’ prior relevant experience, or
- Advanced degree in a related field and minimum 10 years’ experience
Required Immigration Status:
- US Citizen or US Person required.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms