United States of America
VA543: 22270 Pacific Blvd, Dulles 22270 Pacific Boulevard Building CC5, Sterling, VA, 20166-6924 USA
Position Role Type:
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared SME level Tactical Systems Instructor in the Warrenton, VA area. As a member of the Customer's tactical training team, the right candidate will provide training specific to the proper operation, setup, configuration, and maintenance of tactical radios, tactical data communications platforms, and secure crisis communications packages to include satellite and network communications systems used in OCONUS environments. They will serve as the primary and/or backup instructor for training provided to Tactical Officers, communications personnel, and individuals providing backend support. The position includes providing classroom instruction, demonstrations, and practical training; maintains systems in accordance with customer standards; develops course curriculum and course materials; provides student assessments and write-ups; proposes and implements technology solutions to enhance student's learning experience.
The right candidate will have proficiency in/a strong understanding of the customer's field utility systems (to include power systems, generators, HVAC systems, and other field utility systems), as well as the customer’s IT infrastructure, communications security practices, and basic telecommunications training program (highly desired). The candidate will be one of the primary instructors in several of these areas, to include classroom instruction, classroom preparation, on-line presentation of materials (distance learning), development of curriculum and lesson plans, and in assisting in other areas as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Possess extensive field experience as a Tactical Communicator (TACSPEC/OIC)
• Possess deep understanding of Sponsor specific radio and tactical platforms
• Knowledge of RF theory
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Previous instructor experience
• Current field experience operating and maintaining Sponsor tactical data platform(s)
• Experience with LAN Administration and Sponsor administrative tools and processes
• Advanced troubleshooting skills on Sponsor Systems
• Instructor certification desired
• Up to 10% CONUS travel, as required based on customer needs
• Sixteen (16) years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience
• Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of eighteen (18) years of experience.
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...