United States of America
HCA34: Carlsbad, CA 2752 Loker Avenue West , Carlsbad, CA, 92010-6603 USA
Position Role Type:
The Test Technician position performs a variety of routine and non-routine testing assignments within the department assigned and ensures timely and accurate test results under direct supervision. The technician positions must be proficient in a number of core business skills including but not limited to compliance to established safety rules, code of conduct, and company policies and procedures.
- $29.38 per hour starting rate.
- Eligible for Annual Increases.
- Competitive Benefits Package, including first day Medical.
- This position is for 1st shift.
- Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Overtime available on a business need basis.
- Set up & operate a variety of test equipment
- Test a variety of electronic units using prescribed test procedures
- Configure and or verify regular test equipment to fit special tests
- Performs complex technical tasks in a wide variety, or specialized areas, requiring advanced skills and developed expertise in electronic test to the component level of avionics equipment in accordance with approved drawings, specifications and procedures.
- Expert at the application of electronic theory to test, troubleshoot, determine solutions applicable to the area/product/ or program charter.
- Identify problems, identify solutions and effectively implement corrective action.
- Perform product testing as directed. Use precision measuring equipment, read detailed mechanical drawings and be able to interpret specifications and requirements.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and identify calibration and equipment problems.
- Highly proficient at test data analysis.
- Inspect/verify materials/parts and sub-assemblies to ensure proper identification, configuration, segregation and quality status.
- Subject matter expert on technical issues and should be able to fill in for any absent technician.
- Write technical and/or administrative reports as required. Assists Technicians and/or Engineers in defining, analyzing, and solving problems.
- Provide support as needed for lean events and Total Productive Maintenance activities.
- Mentor less experienced technicians to achieve established objectives.
- Perform as member of a team utilizing effective communication skills.
- Actively promotes team decision making.
- Directly interface with responsible personnel from various departments on technical matters related to specific problems/issues.
- Flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
- Transport product with or without product carts; lift up to 25 pounds unassisted; sit at workbench/test stands for extended periods of time; stand at workbench/test stands for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required; use hands for extended periods of time to perform test & troubleshooting tasks; distinguish colors and meet vision requirements.
- Typicallly, HS diploma with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, typically 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card Holder) Required.
- 2+ years direct experience in electronic test and troubleshooting.
- Good reading, writing & math skills; good computer skills.
- Knowledge of office software apps.
- Understand theory of electronic circuitry & electrical components.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting assembly / test instructions, engineering standards, engineering prints, and schematics.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to use diagnostic and hand tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate & interact with others at all levels
- Ability to understand and operate electronic test equipment.
- Capable of multi-tasking
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms