The CertainTeed facility in L’Anse Michigan manufactures ceiling tiles. We work hard together to create an environment that teaches our employees manufacturing skills.
We are looking for a dedicated maintenance mechanic to increase our team’s efficiencies by supporting maintaining our facilities and equipment. We offer comprehensive training/programming as well as on-the-job experience that will grow/develop you into a multi-craft mechanic.
Schedule: Training conducted on day shift (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.) with rotating shifts after training is completed. Individuals must be flexible on shift hours assigned and overtime requirements.
Compensation: Starting wage $28.01/Hour and $28.11 (after 60 actual worked days’ probation period)
o Medical (with vision), Dental, 401k with match, Defined Pension, wellness program, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
o Large organization offers lots of internal growth opportunities. Many of our internal company leaders spent time at plant site locations all across the United States and elsewhere!
Career Training & Development:
o Comprehensive safety training program (defined SOPs and work instructions)
o Career development/advancement
· Following all safety rules and rules as established in the employee handbook
· Follow standard operating procedures
· Operate various hand tools including the use of hand grinders, drills, pneumatic air guns, etc.
· Must have the ability to read machine diagrams and troubleshoot mechanical issues.
· May perform basic/precision maintenance duties to include: reducer/coupling alignment, motor alignment, mounting taper bore bearings with taper sleeve adaptors, mount pillow block, and flange bearing to specifications.
· Has the ability to dismantle, repair, and reassemble conveying systems (live roller, belt, and screw).
· Has the ability to operate metal saws; is proficient in drilling/tapping.
· Is proficient in welding, oxy/acetylene cutting, and plasma cutting.
· Completes maintenance work orders as needed
· Maintains good housekeeping as established by Operator Duty Sheets and identifies gaps and areas for improvement
· Operates forklift as needed
· Maintains tools and equipment in good working condition
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Industrial Maintenance degree and or 3 years maintenance experience in manufacturing background
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong commitment to safety
· Previous work experience in manufacturing is a plus, but not required
· Collaborative, interested in learning & growth. Problem solving and innovation.
· Ability to communicate positively with co-workers, supervisors, and managers
• Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to climb stairs
High school diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum 5-7 years experience with industrial mechanic background or 2 or more year’s school/technical training and experience in the manufacturing industry
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall, and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true ...