The incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day preventive maintenance tasks and repair of electrical power and electronic equipment, troubleshooting, instrumentation calibration and assist with any mechanical repairs. Will possess a thorough understanding and hands on experience with electrical &; electronic maintenance principals. Trouble shoot machine break down, repair situations, and safely restore the machine to the proper operating condition. Must adhere to all company safety policies and JSA’s while performing tasks and at all times when on the premises. NATURE & SCOPE OF POSITION: The ability to diagnose and trouble shoot electrical malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. Must have a solid ability to solve machine operation problems using skill set of deductive reasoning, and electric test meters. Conducts inspections and replaces or repairs non-operational equipment and/or components of equipment that are hindering the equipment from operating efficiently. The incumbent should have a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of electrical principles and adequate skills to understand various plant processes. Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of CertainTeed and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily maintenance assignments as well as continuous improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform daily activities needed to support and comply with requirements surrounding plant maintenance activities.
• Be on call in a rotation with the other day shift electricians. During that time the electrician carries their phone with them and can be called in after hours to handle electrical issues that arise at the plant. This requires staying in a location and condition so that the person can be at the plant within an hour.
• Testing electrical systems and equipment using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes.
• Rebuild of components to be used on the equipment in the plant along with reading and interpreting blueprints and layout instructions and have knowledge/understanding of hydraulic/pneumatic theory.
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints and schematics and wire control panels.
• Will assist line mechanics and electricians as necessary when needed to support production including all of the above listed tasks and other means of support as needed.
• Will participate in training, craft skill improvements and department safety topics.
• Follow all safety precautions while performing tasks at all times. Along with preforming fire response responsibilities.
• All areas are to be clean and clear of any debris before/after maintenance days and holidays. • Report all EH&;S incidents – Injuries/Recordables, Near Misses, First Aid, Environmental and Property/Equipment Damage.
• Ensure adherence to Waste Management and Recycling responsibilities.
• Participate in Incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
• Participate in the development, understanding and review of all position JSA’s.
• Conduct required SMAT Audits in accordance with plant goals and objectives.
High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of 10 (10) years’ electrical experience and successfully pass a skills test, that is intended to determine mechanical and electrical skills and knowledge, A/C and 3 phase circuits, instrumentation knowledge and skills. Must maintain a positive rating as described in the training/qualification evaluation record as a Maintenance Electricians. Communication skills must be at a high level in order to clearly communicate issues/problems of the process. Interfacing with computerized process monitoring systems and other computer software and systems requires knowledge and skills in areas of computer operations. Must have a valid forklift and buggy license and complete associated training requirements for safe operations and maintenance of forklift.
Able to work an average of 40 hours per week, speak clearly, so others understand, accept criticism, deal calmly and effectively, communicate with all levels of customers, whether internal or external, sensitivity to other’s needs, and maintain a positive demeanor. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk and hear. Other physical requirements include, ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50#’s without assistance, ability to work from various squatting, kneeling or bending positions, ability to climb ladders up to 60 feet and the ability to work with arms above head. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Manufacturing plant is not temperature controlled; dust, fumes, and high noise areas are present inside plant areas. Manufacturing processes involve granules, sand, fiberglass, asphalt coating, crushed rock, and polypropylene. Noise levels exceed 80 dB in some areas of the site. Moving equipment such as fork lifts, buggies, genie booms and industrial sweepers travel throughout the facility, sometimes in congested areas.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall, and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true ...