Responsible for preventative maintenance tasks on industrial machinery and to maintain industrial equipment as necessary. Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and make repairs safely to restore the machine to the proper operating condition. Must adhere to all company safety policies and JSAs while performing tasks and at all other times when on the premises. Must possess a thorough understanding of the operation and have acquired additional technical training, both classroom and practical, that will further enhance abilities that will meet individual and company needs. This position reports to maintenance supervisor.
NATURE & SCOPE OF POSITION:
• Inspect non-operational equipment for component wear
• Replace worn or faulty components that are hindering the equipment from operating efficiently
• Fabricate and rebuild the components to be used on the equipment in the plant
• Troubleshoot mechanical problems throughout the process
• Read and interpret blueprint and layout instructions
• Knowledge and understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic theory
• Basic electrical knowledge and adequate skills to understand various plant processes
• Perform welding and cutting functions in a safe and efficient manner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform daily activities needed to support and comply with requirements surrounding plant maintenance activities
• Must be able to dismantle and repair auxiliary equipment such as pumps, compressors, and pipe systems
• Read and understand blueprints, schematics, and O&M manuals
• Fabricate machine parts for repair of the manufacturing lines
• Participate in training, craft skill improvements and department safety topic conversations
• Help to develop new JSAs in the department to enhance safety of all workers
• Conduct required SMAT Audits in accordance with plant goals and objectives
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES (SKILLS & ABILITIES): High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of two (2) years of experience and successfully pass a skills test that is intended to determine mechanical skills and knowledge of basic electricity, A/C and 3 phase circuits, hydraulics, pneumatics, and instrumentation. Proficient in SAP and computer skills. This information outlines the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained. At any time, employees may be required to perform any other duties within this or a lower-level job upon the request of the supervisor. On occasion, employees may also be required to perform higher-level duties.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to work an average of 40 hours per week, must have excellent communication skills, with the ability to deal calmly and effectively with all levels of customers, whether internal or external. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk and hear. Other physical requirements include, ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds without assistance, ability to work from various squatting, kneeling or bending positions, ability to climb ladders up to 60 feet and the ability to work with arms above head. Perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards. Understand and operate all protective safety equipment in the area. Specific vision requirements of close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Excellent hand-eye coordination.
CERTAINTEED VALUES: (excerpted from the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, & Objectives)
An absolute commitment to safety; trust, respect and integrity; respect for the environment; dedication to quality, service and customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; empowerment with accountability; teamwork and collaboration; progress through people.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true ...