CertainTeed is Hiring!
Plant General -General Labor
We’re an employee-centered culture that values the skills and experiences of our many colleagues. Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed" inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall, and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
The CertainTeed facility in L’anse, Michigan, manufactures ceiling tiles. We work hard together to create an environment that teaches our employees manufacturing skills.
We are looking to train energetic, dedicated team members to join our family. We offer training and on-the-job experience that will help you hone your skills in manufacturing.
Schedule: Rotating swing shift with (OT as scheduled). Flexibility on short notice overtime assigned.
Compensation: Starting wage $22.34/Hour $22.44 (after 480 hours worked probation period)
o Medical (with vision), Dental, 401k with match, Defined Pension, wellness program, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
o Large organization offers lots of internal growth opportunities. Many of our internal company leaders spent time at plant site locations all across the United States and elsewhere!
Career Training & Development:
o Comprehensive safety training program (defined SOPs and work instructions)
o Career development/advancement
· Following all safety rules and rules as established in the employee handbook
· Follow standard operating procedures
· Set up line following established equipment settings
· May assist operators with changeovers, set-ups, adjustments, and/or shutdowns.
· Fills out maintenance work orders and assists Maintenance Technicians as needed
· Maintains quality of the product on the production line by ensuring product standards are being followed
· Continually monitors product to detect and resolve issues utilizing WCM tools
· Tracks and/or fills out metrics required to accurately close out production work orders
· Aids in minimizing/elimination of process wastes- Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting (Product or Resources), Over-processing, Overproduction, and Defects using WCM tools
· Maintains good housekeeping as established by Operator Duty Sheets and identifies gaps and areas for improvement
· Performs Autonomous Maintenance (CIT clean/lube, inspect, and tighten) on production equipment
· Operates forklift as needed
· Maintains tools and equipment in good working condition
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong commitment to safety
· Previous work experience in manufacturing is a plus, but not required
· Collaborative, interested in learning & growth. Problem solving and innovation.
· Ability to communicate positively with co-workers, supervisors, and managers
• Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to climb stairs
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true ...