We are looking for an Production manager with a passion for positive business impact.
This is a great chance to join a Top Employer and contribute to our growth and the opportunity to make an impact with our purpose which is Making the World a Better Home!
What’s the job?
In complete alignment with the Company's Vision, Mission Statement and Values and reporting directly to the Plant Manager, this position is directly responsible for leading the production and process team to a world class level using World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and processes.
The Production Manager will assure compliance with Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) directives, continuous efficiencies improvements while providing internal and external customers preferred service and quality. This individual will directly and indirectly supervise 80 to 100 employees.
- Leads the operations with highest respect of EHS charter and policies to achieve a zero accidents, zero occupational illnesses and zero environmental impact for our employees, contractors and visitors.
- Promotes participation and collaboration of all employees seeking ideas and implementation of risk reductions.
- Leads implementation of activities improving SG standard compliance.
- Ensures process systems are in place to maintain all equipment in the plant to meet benchmark targets and environmental standards.
People development and Engagement
- Sustains and keep developing the positive relationship with our Employees to promote an open and engaged culture.
- Responsible for the development and proper training for all operations employees reporting directly and indirectly to the position in order to grow internally leaders, safe work and deliver quality to internal and external customers.
- Provides frequent and high quality communication to operations (operations performances, shift meetings, specific team meetings for each type of areas) and other departments.
- Works with employees to improves their working conditions and their engagement.
Leadership and Operations
Acts as a role model and ensures that all employees are working following the Saint-Gobain principles or conduct and actions.
Develops and directs implementation of Operations’ goals, objectives, policies and procedures, and work standards where applicable as required by the plant and Company.
Ensures the proper and accurate reporting necessary to operations, follows the KPIs and develops plans to meet objectives and sustain the continuous improvement to reach excellence level.
Manages and optimizes resources (manpower, raw materials) to ensure continuous and optimal level of operations.
Manages schedule to ensure best usage of resources and efficient transition between products.
Responsible for Supply and Services budget for operations and monitors costs to meet budget through the efficient use of all resources.
Availability to assist Operations and plant during off hours when production and plant events require.
What do you bring
- BA or BS degree, Master’s Degree in either Engineering or Business, (or relevant manufacturing experience with essentially the same responsibilities as outlined in this job description.)
- 5 -10 years’ operations management experience within a lean manufacturing environment
- Strong demonstrated understanding of manufacturing, lean concepts, processes and production environments.
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Extensive understanding of business planning, P&L, budgeting, and impact on operations’ environment.
- Excellent analytical skills with comfort in presenting initiatives to upper management and stakeholders.
- High level of interpersonal skills for building influential relationships and partnerships with all employees and internal/external customers.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills are also required.
- Knowledge of computer software: Microsoft Office, database management, ERP Systems.
Must be self-driven, proven ability to drive performance.
Must have critical analytical skills.
Good working knowledge of SAP.
Trained or experienced in World Class Manufacturing Techniques.
Knowledge of Total Quality Management or Statistical Process Control.
Familiar with or trained in ISO standards.
Customer focus - Quality and process Control
- Works closely with Quality manager to develop a quality continuous improvement culture.
- Defines axis of development for Process team using voice of customers to improve their experience.
- Develops and implements plans to increase repeatability and decrease of variations in process variables.
- Supports Marketing team with product development aligning with customers’ needs.
- Monitors quality systems to ensure all products are shipped meeting specifications.
- Manages Process department so specifications are optimized to meet customers’ expectations and profitability of the Company.
WCM and operations excellence
- Acts as a change agent to implement a WCM culture working with WCM coordinator and pillar leaders.
- Participates actively in the WCM steering committee, the foundations (housekeeping, management of change, visual management) and pillars implementation.
- Promotes and ensures the daily use of the WCM tools (HERCA, QEWO, EWO, QK) to drive continuous improvement of the operations.
- Assists the WCM coordinator in the annual Cost deployment and establish a single agenda with project to improve efficiencies, productivity, consumptions and costs).
- Support transition to https://4.0 plant through digitalization of tools for employees and data power for analysis.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to complete competitive product testing and be involved with field sales calls.
- Will assist in acquiring and maintaining, plant and products certifications, licenses and permits.
- Must be able to handle the daily activities of the Plant, when the Plant Manager is not on site.
Some travel will be required to enhance training or assist other facilities. Normal office environment along with seasonal ambient plant operating temperatures. Hours will vary as necessary to provide proper supervision for plant operations, meeting customer needs and reporting deadlines.
Must be capable of wearing Personal Protective Equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards, whenever engineered methods of reducing hazards or physical requirements cannot be reasonably accommodated. Job includes tasks that require bending, lifting materials weighing up to 50 lbs., twisting, gripping, and stair climbing. May require long periods of sitting working on a computer or engaging in conversation on a telephone.
The above declarations are not intended to be all-inclusive of this position’s duties, responsibilities and requirements to do this job. They are intended only to describe its general nature.
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).