Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What’s the job?
The Project Designer I prepares shop drawings and technical details on a per project basis. Shop drawings translate the architectural design intent into a drawing and Bill of Materials that represents the specified products. Project Designers also serve as subject matter experts to the capabilities and installation of CertainTeed Architectural (Norcross) products.
· Obtain and assemble data to complete shop drawings for proprietary product
· Use AutoCAD to draw detailed shop drawings translating design intent to product specific solutions
· Provide project status reviews on a regular basis to Project Managers and Sr. Management
· Create detailed project- and product-specific Bill of Materials
· Communicate and follow up with internal customers as it relates to project specifics and deadlines
· Maintain Project Manager and customer expectations
· Ensure all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented
· Communicate project requirements and status to cross functional teams
· Manage one’s own time in order to hit deadlines
· Collaborate with the Design Team and other departments as required to trouble-shoot issues
· Full knowledge of proprietary CertainTeed Architectural systems as trained
· Continue to develop knowledge base of existing products and assist with new products
· Participate in personal development and training as required
· Create production drawings for the manufacturing plant
· Additional job duties as assigned
What do you bring?
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· College or Technical School Degree required
· 3-5 years AutoCAD (2010 or later) experience in commercial construction or equivalent
· Ability to read and understand construction drawings, perform take-offs, and material optimizations
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software; working knowledge of databases
· File management, knows how to open, save, find, and copy files both on local workstation and over a network
· Ability to follow specific AutoCAD/graphic standards as well as Standard Operating Procedures
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Proficiency in 3D software such as Revit, Solidworks, and Rhino/Grasshoppper
Who are we?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true ...