Director, Technical Program Management
- Experience 10+ Years
- Category Technology
- Location San Francisco, CA
|Category:||Technology - Technology Program Management|
|Location:||US - California - San Francisco (HQ)|
|:||Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.|
|Technology & Products Program Management
The Technology Program Management team works across our Cloud Business Units driving programs that deliver innovative, enterprise cloud solutions for our customers. We are the Grease, Glue & Coach that create delighted users, thriving teams and innovation everywhere.
Top 5 reasons to join our team:
- Lead a cross-functional initiative to define, plan, track and measure progress towards our 3-3-3 vision in infrastructure.
- Develop trusted relationships with key technology and functional leaders & stakeholders to drive focus on the strategic program objectives and optimize program delivery. This includes supporting and holding resources accountable for their responsibilities within the program.
- Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership.
- Ensure data is collected to appropriately inform decision making for mitigating risks and resolving issues.
- Utilize internal tools and agile mindset to create a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning; promotes continuous improvement.
- Drive a continuous focus on developing software based solutions or using automation to replace repeatable, operational tasks.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering on program objectives.
- Drive for clarity to keep teams moving forward.
- Provide "go to" leadership, transparency and visibility to the entire Technology & Products organization.
- Seek to continuously grow by proactively seeking and embracing constructive feedback.
- Providing the same level of feedback to colleagues to encourage an open and collaborative culture.
- Monitor and resolve end-to-end process for things like: repeating pain points/sticking points, blockers.
- Build plans and mitigations to address pain points to ensure the alacrity of the cloud and/or program.
- 10+ years of strong technical program management experience.
- 6+ years of solution management experience for infrastructure, software, or online services (SaaS experience)
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure processes and lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
- Agile experience in an infrastructure environment is not required, but an understanding of agile and an ability to think agile is required.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, software engineering and customer support.
- Experience as a Product Manager and/or Product management a plus.
- Experience with Portfolio Management.
- A service oriented minded person who "Thinks Customer".