r operations. This role is critical to ensuring we consistently provide the highest level of service to our customers. You will lead a team of high performing leaders who are critical to our customer's success. In this role, you will work with the VP to deliver on the strategy for customer support at scale while driving a continuously improving organization.
- Own and drive Technical Support outcomes, effectiveness and KPIs within region by Success Plan (Signature, Premier, Standard and legacy plans)
- Facilitate operational improvements which streamline processes, leverage automation, eliminate inefficiencies and enable scale.
- Represent thought leadership in the global support organization
- Create an environment of innovation and continual improvement to re-imagine how we deliver Support to our customers.
- Coach team members provide customer-centric support that solves the problem, taking into account customer preferences; troubleshooting methodology, call handling skills, and proactive diagnostic techniques; and guiding customers toward self-serve support option
- Identify training topics and schedule continuing education with a focus on career development and upskilling
- Leadership and management of the Technical Support team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management.
- Review and respond to customer feedback from surveys and other sources and act on feedback as needed to resolve issues permanently.
- Develop strategies to improve the customer experience, team performance, morale, and cohesion with other internal teams.
- Serve as management level escalation and pursue each escalation as an opportunity to turn the customer around and into a promoter while solving systemic issues permanently
- Keep informed of product plans and schedule training for Technical Support.
- Analyze Customer trends and adopt knowledge centric support best practices
- Drive a close engagement with Engineering Teams to address customer concerns around escalation processes, response times/problem resolution, establishing SLAs and Top Case Drivers & Enhancements
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years experience in a technical support environment, handling highly complex software issues.
- 5+ years at the management level, managing managers in addition to individual contributors, to support large enterprise customers.
- Previous experience directing and maximizing the benefits of collaborating with global teams.
- Practical experience managing multiple support teams, including outsourcers, with a good knowledge of all technical support functions and related engineering responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of operational metrics, processes, systems and tools for running a global Support organization
- Must be capable of dealing confidently and professionally at executive level internally and with customers.
- Proven ability to manage complex processes and drive continuous process improvement.
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required.
- Ability to respond to high-profile, high-impact customer/product escalations in a way that drives customer satisfaction.
Our ideal candidate:
- Proven track record of leading support teams and creating collaborative relationships with peers on the Support leadership team as well as Engineering, Product, Success, and Services
- Highly organized and an effective communicator and influencer
- Has a beginner's mindset; always looking for new ways to make things better and challenges the status quo.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at https://www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.