of tomorrow? Are you fascinated with building large scale cloud services that touch the lives of millions of people every day? Do you care about creating an application platform that turns thousands of developers into raving fans? So do we. We are building a diverse organization with people from all over the world who have different perspectives and backgrounds. We offer a friendly and inclusive environment where every individual is valued. We work with transparency and integrity and foster innovation and creativity.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the largest suite of marketing tools on the planet. Our products are used by almost every brand you can name. We operate large scale distributed stateless and stateful services and are on the verge of making a major infrastructure leap. We are looking for strong and passionate engineers with variety of experience and background (from junior to architects) to join our Ohana (family) and fuel our evolution. We are a platform organization that provides shared services to Marketing Cloud applications. As an engineer on our team, you will have an opportunity to contribute to the following areas
- Customer-facing identity and access management system as well as integration with internal secret management systems
- Licensing, provisioning and billing of Marketing Cloud tenants and integration with broader Salesforce commerce ecosystem
- Ingress gateway that handles billions of requests every day across API and UI layers of the stack
- Extensibility framework for industry Marketing Cloud developers to write next generation apps
- Automations and Data Ingest into the Marketing Cloud
- Continuous delivery and integration system that powers hundreds of services and orchestrates schema upgrades across databases with petabytes of data
- Shared tools and automation for containerized workloads within Marketing Cloud stack
- Hyperforce cloud platform
An ideal candidate will:
- Have good analytical skills and learning agility
- Passion for distributed systems and cloud technology
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and deliver results in dynamic environment
- Have capacity to drill through software and sometimes hardware layers
- Provide critical thinking and technical innovation
- Write clean code with attention to reliability, performance and security
- Establish coding standards and integrate them with the team
- Build dialogue and establish trust between teams operating services upstream and downstream
- Establish customer connections and build insights into their business to feed back into design
- Partner with leadership and architects to define and scope engineering plans
- Operate the service as an owner through telemetry, monitoring and analytics
- Release high-quality features on time, meeting functional, performance, scalability and compliance requirements
- BS or MS in computer science or related degree
- 10+ years of industry experience designing, and developing software with good computer science fundamentals
- Strong design, implementation and testing skills
- Deep understanding of Services Oriented Architecture
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Strong development experience in C++, C#/.NET, Golang, Java or Python
- Excellent RDBMS concepts and developed applications on top of SQL Server, MySQL, PostreSQL
- Good network concepts - TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, routing, proxy, firewalls etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills
Great to have:
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Knowledge/Contribution to open source technology
- Native Windows or Linux development experience
- Developing RESTful services.
- NoSQL such as Cassandra, HBase and/or document store such as Elastic Search
- Experience with open source projects such as Kafka, Spark, or Zookeeper
- Security concepts (mTLS, PKI, OAuth/SAML etc)
- Experience with distributed caching and load balancing systems
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at https://www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.