Salesforce is on FGB’s Best Tech Companies for Women of 2020.
Time off and leaves
Perks, such as discounts, commuter benefits & educational reimbursement
Mental health, parenting and childcare resources
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
We are seeking a Regional Vice President of Public Sector Sales in the Northern VA area to lead a team of driven Account Executives who are tasked with generating growth in Government accounts. As an RVP, Public Sector you will play an integral part of our strategy in establishing and expanding our footprint in US Government accounts.
• Supporting direct reports by participating and leading in client / prospect meetings and engaging other corporate resources as required
• Ongoing mentoring and development of sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new Account Executives on the sales process
• Conducting weekly forecast meetings
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Coach direct reports regarding strategies to drive closure
• Reporting on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management
• Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results
• 4+ years of technology sales management experience combined with a proven track record of success in a similar enterprise software environment
• 7+ years of quota carrying technology sales and account management experience as an individual contributor
• Recent experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles with Government Customers
• Proven success of working within a highly matrix organization
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including knowledge of key ROI and TCO principles
• Experience managing the sales cycle from LOB champion to the C level
• Key industry knowledge and ability to effectively articulate the value prop and methodology
• Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
• Ability to negotiate pricing, terms and conditions and other concessions
• Effective written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to present to large and small audiences
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• History of effective hiring and training of new Account Executives
• Strong knowledge of CRM and/or software applications and value proposition
• Experience selling Application software is strongly preferred
• Successful track record in a high volume transaction sales environment
• Must be able to thrive in a fast paced work setting
• Bachelor Degree preferred
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Child care benefits
Short term disability
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of ...