Senior Manager, Global Business Practices
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Business Development
- Location Atlanta, GA Boston, MA New York, NY
Global Deal Desk and Strategy protects Salesforce's long-term growth and success by ensuring deals, policies and pricing promote good business globally. To accomplish our mission, we are seeking a Senior Manager, Global Business Practices to support our largest, most complex deals.
The Senior Manager, Global Business Practices will be responsible for evaluating and approving commercial risk across business terms, pricing and deal structures for complex deals. In addition, the role will involve helping to improve the efficiency and velocity of these deals. The candidate will work closely with groups throughout Salesforce, including Pricing Deal Desk, Legal, Revenue Recognition, Sales Operations, Security and Compliance, and Infrastructure Engineering.
The candidate must have a solid grasp on cloud license models, cloud master agreement terms, and contract negotiation strategy with enterprise companies. He/she must also be able to navigate internal processes, work collaboratively with peer groups, and possess superior communication skills.
- Review and approve business terms and deal structures for highly complex deals on behalf of the COO/Vice Chairman
- Work closely with Pricing Deal Desk, Legal, Revenue Recognition, Sales Operations and Infrastructure Engineering departments to standardize and streamline the complex deal process
- Minimum BA/BS degree required
- Eight or more years of business practices, deal approval/strategy, deal support or contract negotiation experience
- Strong understanding of current business trends, contractual terms, and deal drivers in cloud industry
- Strong ability to comprehend and evaluate the business risk in contract language
- Extremely comfortable with making controversial decisions in high pressure situations
- Superior business acumen and analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills - able to explain complex concepts clearly and concisely across all levels of the organization
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Ability to work independently in an undefined environment
- Advanced degree strongly preferred (i.e. MBA, JD or equivalent experience)