Sr. Analyst/Manager - SMB Sales Strategy
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Strategy
- Location San Francisco, CA
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a Sr. Analyst/Manager for the GTM Strategy &Operations team reporting into Sr Director, GTM Strategy & Operations and supporting the Americas SMB Sales Organization. The person in this role will work directly with executive management to set go-to- market strategy for the SMB sales organization as a whole, defining strategic choices, plans and programs that accelerate Salesforce.com on its path to $15B+ and establish sustainable competitive advantages for years to come.
The focus of this work will be both on designing and executing growth strategy initiatives and also providing operational support in managing a high transaction volume, large sales organization. The role will also be operational in nature, keeping the candidate grounded in performance data, building the credibility and experience required to be a trusted advisor to the executive team.
Deliverables include detailed analytic models, custom performance analysis, building a scalable reporting infrastructure, and packaging findings into presentation-ready content for Salesforce executives. The role requires interaction with various areas of the organization and provides exposure to senior executives.
The successful candidate will have relentless curiosity and possess a passion for creating innovative analysis to identify opportunities. Moreover, this person will excel at extracting insights from data and converting ideas to action.
- Drive insights and execute sales strategies across Salesforce.com's growing product portfolio
- Partner closely with sales leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects and programs based on well-articulated needs/ gaps
- Partner closely with peers and cross-organization colleagues in marketing and product to lead initiatives, get buy in and ensure action and adoption
- Understand competitors' approaches to the markets, and what makes them successful; develop strategies that establish lasting basis for differentiation in the marketplace
- Build an expansive internal network to bring all possible expertise and resources to bear on your projects. It is through these relationships, and the knowledge that they bring, that our sales strategy will be impactful
- Perform thorough analysis to support any recommendation you make, working with existing analytical resources and doing a fair amount of heavy lifting yourself
- Sell your recommendations to executive management through exceptional presentation, tangible quantitative explanation, and mastery of qualitative factors that complement the numbers
- 2-4 Years prior management consulting, corporate strategy, or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to senior executives
- Excellent workstream and time management skills
- Creativity and strategic thinking - and the agility necessary to master both the daily hands-on analysis and the big picture strategy
- Familiarity with marketing and sales of enterprise software
- Experience with tech sales force structure
- Experience working on international growth initiatives and partnering with cross-functional teams
- Technical background - science, technology, engineering, or mathematics degree from a top undergrad college preferred
- Familiarity with marketing and sales of enterprise software preferred
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, and/or Business Objects (or similar analytical packages) a plus