Commercial Auto Dealership Business Development Officer - Mid-Atlantic RegionAnnapolis, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Job Family Description:
Identifies and pursues new sales prospects within existing or untapped markets. Gathers market intelligence, generates leads, and develops proposals/campaigns to garner new business, ensuring a consistent flow of new revenues to the company. Uses knowledge of markets, industries, and clients to determine demand, future trends and potential projects. Works leads to generate business and identify new customer prospects.
· Develops and implements a strategic plan for business development across markets.
· Calls on referral sources to generate business.
· Pursues sales leads across region.
· Solicits and closes new business as well as manages ongoing relationships.
· Discusses customer needs, problems, or complaints, and arranges for meetings between customers or prospective customers and representatives of various company functional areas.
· Pitches banking products such as Treasury Services, Purchase Card and Interest Rate Swaps.
· Provides consistent quality customer service to both internal and external customers that meets or exceeds Santander's standards.
· Represents the organization in various civic and community functions to further enhance the bank's image and develop additional business opportunities.
· Assists in the implementation and coordination of the companywide business development call program.
· Pre-qualifies clients for market segment.
· Works with strategic partners to identify cross sell opportunities with existing and new clients and prospects.
· Focuses on improving brand awareness.
· Documents calls and results, and makes reports to management as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent field.
Must possess at least 9+ years of hands on lending and/or new business development experience in the Commercial Auto Dealership industry.
Skills and Abilities:
Self-motivated and adept at setting, driving and leading a team to execute pipeline growth success.
Very strong interpersonal communication skills, complemented by both excellent verbal and written communication.
Expert presentation and public speaking skills.
Strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
Strong organizational skills and detail orientation, as well as analytical skills.
Demonstrated complex contact negotiation/creation skills.
Ability to work remotely and independently.
Ability to influence and drive complex initiatives and manage logistics with internal stakeholders.
Ability to travel within assigned territory as required.
Ability to analyze/understand leading technologies and companies.
Diversity & EEO Statements:
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
This position is fully remote and will cover auto dealerships in the Mid-Atlantic region. (ie. PA, NJ, DE, MD).
This position will require extensive travel.
Primary Location: Annapolis, MD, Annapolis
Other Locations: Maryland-Annapolis,New Jersey-Trenton,Pennsylvania-Harrisburg
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Maternity leave coaching
Backup child care
Short term disability
We’re Santander US, and we’re wholly owned by Santander Group, a global financial institution that serves more than 150 million customers worldwide. Here in the United States, we employ more than 14,000 people and serve more than 5 million customers through our businesses: